Battery life, battery questions in general.

Zaya

Hey all, newby here looking to get my first E-Bike kit and have happened upon the 8Fun 750watt 48v kit. I love the mid drive because it allows me to still use the bikes gears. I am mostly a gas guy and so all this battery stuff is new to me. I know the basics of batteries but I would like to know what the best battery would be for me to buy along with this kit. And average ride times/distance with said battery.

Thanks in advance, Zaya.

em3ev
If you email Paul and let him know what kind of connectors you would like, he will design the pack for your needs.
There are innumerable threads on different forums attesting to the quality of this vendor, I will let you do your homework.
50V, 17Ah battery with Samsung 29E cells will work best and of course you can upgrade if you want more range.

If you describe the type of riding you want to do, how far you want to go, and how much you want to pedal, you may get more informative answers.

I bought my Bafang 750 from Paul, as well as his 48v 16.5 amp-hour battery that uses 29E cells. Not all cells are equal. Different types of cells have different "C" ratings, which indicates how much current they can discharge at a certain time. The 29E cells are oriented towards capacity (and therefore range), while cells labeled 20R or 25R seem to be more power (acceleration) oriented.

I ordered my battery before I learned this, and was worried the 29E cells wouldn't be enough to get me up steep hills. And so far there may have been one brief instance where this was the case (something called "voltage sag" where the motor isn't getting enough juice and thus stutters). But when I've pedaled going up the steep hills I haven't had any problems. And the battery indicator does not seem to have moved after round-trips of 20 miles - so it does seem that I have plenty of range (with moderate pedaling).

http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=158

em3ev
If you email Paul and let him know what kind of connectors you would like, he will design the pack for your needs.
There are innumerable threads on different forums attesting to the quality of this vendor, I will let you do your homework.
50V, 17Ah battery with Samsung 29E cells will work best and of course you can upgrade if you want more range.
who is Paul?

Back