Battery Issue

LaszloB

Two nights ago I did a 20 mile ride, returned home, battery level was a 50%. I plugged it removed the battery and plugged it into the charger and walked away (battery and charger on steel table). Come to find out it never charged, I rode about 18 miles tonight and as I arriving home the level on the screen drops to under 1/4. Take the battery out and once again plug it into the charger, nothing, no fan, no sound charger shows a green light. Removed the battery, unplugged and plugged the charger back in a few times and finally the charger kicks on and starts charger. However all this time the charge indicator on the battery is showing a Green light, not blue or red. Charger bad? Battery bad?

Some chargers. like my luna 52V charger, have to be plugged into the battery first with the AC unplugged. Then after they are plugged in they start charging. If connected to battery with AC on, it won't charge. I am pretty sure it wasn't like this when new.

And I have four or five other chargers that always start, no natter how I sequence the connections

Just talked to M2S. The guy said the rule of thumb is to plug the battery into the charger and then the charger into your outlet. As far as the LED light on the battery itself it doesn't sound like its too accurate. Will see what happens with the next few charges

Last edited:
Buy a multimeter and start checking charge levels in the battery and output from the charger.

I have a multimeter and can check the battery but how do I check the charger? It doesn't start charging until the battery is plugged into it

I took delivery of my M2S All Terrain R750 HT on May 21. Ordered it on May 4th and it actually came a few days earlier than estimated/expected. Box shipping label and manifest showed exactly what I ordered. When I opened the box, I was surprised to see upon unwrapping it was the wrong color (was green I ordered black) and the wrong battery (was 48v 16-amp I ordered 48v 21 amp). Immediately called M2S customer support and explained issue and decided to keep bike color but did not want smaller battery. Was surprised I was offered very little/no concession for these order errors and it cost me $200 for shipping.

Anyway, was initially told there were currently none of the 48v 21-amp batteries currently available but the owner was able to locate one and sent it to me next day and I was satisfied but honestly still somewhat disappointed for the hassle. I returned old battery and started using the 48v 21 amp one I ordered. Unfortunately, this battery has not been reliable since it was installed - battery life and power band fluctuate while riding from (100% to 80% in less than mile, and 60% then back to 100%). This weekend while out for a ride the battery lasted for about 5 miles and completely died at 60% leaving me stranded 5 miles from home without power. Riding this bike 5 miles back home without power was much more difficult than expected to say the least.

I have sent pics and have been corresponding with M2S customer support and still waiting for a resolution. I'm hoping for a positive outcome because the bike seems to be otherwise well made and excellent value for money. However, becoming increasingly more concerned about the ongoing battery situation and other quality control related issues posted here on this forum.

Attachments

• Faulty battery.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 551
I took delivery of my M2S All Terrain R750 HT on May 21. Ordered it on May 4th and it actually came a few days earlier than estimated/expected. Box shipping label and manifest showed exactly what I ordered. When I opened the box, I was surprised to see upon unwrapping it was the wrong color (was green I ordered black) and the wrong battery (was 48v 16-amp I ordered 48v 21 amp). Immediately called M2S customer support and explained issue and decided to keep bike color but did not want smaller battery. Was surprised I was offered very little/no concession for these order errors and it cost me $200 for shipping.

Anyway, was initially told there were currently none of the 48v 21-amp batteries currently available but the owner was able to locate one and sent it to me next day and I was satisfied but honestly still somewhat disappointed for the hassle. I returned old battery and started using the 48v 21 amp one I ordered. Unfortunately, this battery has not been reliable since it was installed - battery life and power band fluctuate while riding from (100% to 80% in less than mile, and 60% then back to 100%). This weekend while out for a ride the battery lasted for about 5 miles and completely died at 60% leaving me stranded 5 miles from home without power. Riding this bike 5 miles back home without power was much more difficult than expected to say the least.

I have sent pics and have been corresponding with M2S customer support and still waiting for a resolution. I'm hoping for a positive outcome because the bike seems to be otherwise well made and excellent value for money. However, becoming increasingly more concerned about the ongoing battery situation and other quality control related issues posted here on this forum.

Sorry to hear about your problem that sucks. So far knock on wood my bike has been great. Figured out the issue with the charger, plug battery in first. I see your screen is color, on my commuter its black and white. I would call them again about they battery they sent you. I know for a fact they are back ordered with a lot of stuff. I have two friends who want to order bikes from them but they won't be in stock for another month or two

Thanks for your reply - I'm being as flexible and patient as possible and recognize the state of the completely messed up supply chain. Fortunately with pictures it's easy for them to see how screwed up my battery is. Like I said I remain hopeful for a positive resolution.

One of the reasons I purchased this brand over others is based on the mostly favorable reviews on this site and the M2S owners story:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m2sbikes/all-terrain-electric-bike

Thanks for your reply - I'm being as flexible and patient as possible and recognize the state of the completely messed up supply chain. Fortunately with pictures it's easy for them to see how screwed up my battery is. Like I said I remain hopeful for a positive resolution.

One of the reasons I purchased this brand over others is based on the mostly favorable reviews on this site and the M2S owners story:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/m2sbikes/all-terrain-electric-bike

Honestly I found just about all brands in the price range of $1500 had the same good ratings. Some better than others. I purchased the commuter bike with the rack and 2.3? sized tires. I liked the look having the battery built into the down tubes. When this dies I might end up spending $2500-$4000 on a Trek or something like that. I also wanted to say I had ordered blue, since it said they had three in stock. They contacted me and said they only had one black left so I took it.

My wife is a big road bike rider, she got a new road bike about in early March. She spent over $5000 and has had it back to the shop 3 times, stupid issues with the shifting. She finally got so fed up she asked for her money back, and they gave it to her. This was a month ago, now trying to find a new bike in this state is very hard. Five bike shops around us and inventory is very very low. She did luck out last Friday and find the bike she wanted in her size.

Yes supply chain is completely broken especially for youth bikes - our local bike shop dealer here in NJ told me is sending trucks to FL to buy up any excess inventory they can find and selling at huge premium for essentially low end bikes. Like anything else these days we have become reliant on China for yet another product. My guess is that there are no companies in the US that manufacture Lion batteries for bikes and the ones coming out of China are a crapshoot quality at best.

Yes supply chain is completely broken especially for youth bikes - our local bike shop dealer here in NJ told me is sending trucks to FL to buy up any excess inventory they can find and selling at huge premium for essentially low end bikes. Like anything else these days we have become reliant on China for yet another product. My guess is that there are no companies in the US that manufacture Lion batteries for bikes and the ones coming out of China are a crapshoot quality at best.

I've been flying drones forever. Right now I have 5 batteries from China, they have been working excellent, keeping my fingers crossed they don't bloat

Back