Battery issue?

Ciro

A couple of weeks ago I was riding my IGO M29R and it just died. It was strange because before it happened I still had a couple of battery bars on the display. I pressed the button on the battery to see if it had any juice and no indicator lights went on. Tried charging it and it wouldn’t take a charge. I brought it to the dealer and after quite a few days they told me they were able to charge it with my charger and I put it on my bike and it was fine. I was confused that they were able to charge it even though I couldn’t but I was happy because the battery was fine and I left the store. Rode it all day and it was fine for hours and than all of a sudden the same thing happened. It just died even though before it did I still had 2 bars. I tried charging it again with no luck. Does this sound like a faulty battery issue or something on the bike that’s killing the battery? And why was the dealer able to charge the battery but I couldn’t with the same charger.

Without multimeter readings your data is useless. What voltage battery? What at full charge? What at shutoff?

Bars and indicator lights are natoriously inaccurate. As Thomas said, multimeter readings are needed for troubleshooting. All battery packs have a management system that protects the batteries from running below a certain voltage.

Back