Battery Caps for transport & washing!

BVC

Just thought I'd share a little piece that started out as a want, developed into a working item and was shortly after approached by others who wanted it. That's when we decided to start offering it as there seemed to be a demand for them!

Needless to say our battery tray & battery protective caps have come a long way and I'm glad that the RadRover gave me the inspiration to come up with the idea and that others have wanted something that I thought up. It's pretty motivating!!

With that said - if you'd like to have a set feel free to check out our store at www.1859NW.com to buy one or a few!

How I got the idea was that I was ALWAYS washing my Radrover. Just something about a clean bike rolling down the multi-path. And the headaches of trying to protect the battery port cover on the bike while washing or even while traveling to go camping and having to drive through a rain storm or a looooooooooong dirt road. Getting water in the battery tray area and inserting a battery with it still wet is NOT something I wanted to deal with. So... battery caps were created!

Copper wet bikes.jpg
(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)
batterycaponbatterysilver.jpg

Limited edition yellow gloss.jpg
copper caps set.jpg

Just ordered two for my Radrovers.

I'd love these, but I went to the 1859NW page, tried to order and got this reply:
"Unfortunately what we have online is what we have left in stock. We're currently in the process of moving out of state so production has been halted as everything is moving. The only bright yellow item that'll be going up for sale in the coming days is our JA Throttle Attachment."

Any other ideas, sources?

I think these are custom 3D printed covers? They just might be the only source on the entire planet for now. I would keep checking for when they get their operation back online.

I think he's moving... So production has been suspended until he's resettled.

Use a piece of duck tape in the meanwhile :D

Yes - we use 3D printing to manufacture some of our products.

Due to the cost of injection molds ($10-30k) it can get real expensive real quick to make small plastic parts.

I'm finally moved tho. 7 weeks without riding my Rover - I'm taking a moment to go out and enjoy the 200+ acre park with 8+ miles of pathway today! Then back to working on our soon to be released headlight that YOU get to decide what goes inside it.

Ahhhh. Fun!

Just thought I'd share a little piece that started out as a want, developed into a working item and was shortly after approached by others who wanted it. That's when we decided to start offering it as there seemed to be a demand for them!

Needless to say our battery tray & battery protective caps have come a long way and I'm glad that the RadRover gave me the inspiration to come up with the idea and that others have wanted something that I thought up. It's pretty motivating!!

With that said - if you'd like to have a set feel free to check out our store at www.1859NW.com to buy one or a few!

How I got the idea was that I was ALWAYS washing my Radrover. Just something about a clean bike rolling down the multi-path. And the headaches of trying to protect the battery port cover on the bike while washing or even while traveling to go camping and having to drive through a rain storm or a looooooooooong dirt road. Getting water in the battery tray area and inserting a battery with it still wet is NOT something I wanted to deal with. So... battery caps were created!

View attachment 16942 (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) View attachment 16944
View attachment 16946
View attachment 16947

Yes - we use 3D printing to manufacture some of our products.

Due to the cost of injection molds ($10-30k) it can get real expensive real quick to make small plastic parts.

I'm finally moved tho. 7 weeks without riding my Rover - I'm taking a moment to go out and enjoy the 200+ acre park with 8+ miles of pathway today! Then back to working on our soon to be released headlight that YOU get to decide what goes inside it.

Ahhhh. Fun!
Any plans for producing more of the power cord plugs? I've lost my last one :(

I'd like to give 1859 Northwest some props :cool:

They have the power cord plugs back in stock now
(I've been waiting/hoping for a few months now!)

I also picked up the battery caps and the thumb throttle attachment. Really cool products...and it's the little things that make a difference!

Back