Bafang Ultra gaskets, parts ..

What is the build date of the motor?

thanks!
Not sure, I thought the first 4 digits were the manufacture date but they are 022F and the last 4 are 0115, but as this is one of Pauls motors i cant see it being a 15 batch sold last year.

It became smoother, the resistance seemed to lessen too, can't comment on any noise as it wasn't noisy in the first place.
Very interesting. I guess almost anything can be improved. Actually if just adding some of the right kind of grease does it in this case, that's pretty nice.

A few gaskets on the way for me.

Thank you.

Asked this on the other gasket thread. Those who have split your case: Were you able to preserve the original gasket? How?

Just don't drown your motor in grease like he did. He has since repented of that mistake.
Great info that he has since repented of that Reed. Where did you get that from? I went to the video on youtube and there were no comments or "read more" notations.

Okay Reed, great to know. I didn't see it on youtube proper and wanted to know if there was some que I am missing.

Gionnirocket he may not know he is wrong - yet.

BrunoPOWEEER

BrunoPOWEEER

1 year ago

Yeeeeeaaahhh I’m glad to hear that this video I uploaded years ago still helping lots of people out there!! The helical pinion gear unfortunately pushes the grease in the wrong direction making the gears run dry too quickly, I’ve greased myself maybe 300 BBS02 motors in 2 years packed a lot of extra grease before sending to customers and that alone fixed so many problems. =]

Okay Reed, great to know. I didn't see it on youtube proper and wanted to know if there was some que I am missing.

Gionnirocket he may not know he is wrong - yet.

BrunoPOWEEER

BrunoPOWEEER
1 year ago

Yeeeeeaaahhh I’m glad to hear that this video I uploaded years ago still helping lots of people out there!! The helical pinion gear unfortunately pushes the grease in the wrong direction making the gears run dry too quickly, I’ve greased myself maybe 300 BBS02 motors in 2 years packed a lot of extra grease before sending to customers and that alone fixed so many problems. =]

Sorry... But a moron patting himself on the back is proof of nothing. 🙃
I have opened up many different motors and gear sets of all different types and have never seen one packed that tight with grease.
You want to take the advice of someone who screams for attention like a two year old and goes against base industry standards... be my guest.

(1) Grease Lubrication
Grease lubrication is suitable for any gear system that is open or enclosed, so long as it runs at low speed. There are three major points regarding grease:
– Choosing a lubricant with suitable cone penetration.
A lubricant with good fluidity is especially effective in an enclosed system.
– Not suitable for use under high load and continuous operation.
The cooling effect of grease is not as good as lubricating oil. So it may become a problem with temperature rise under high load and continuous operating conditions.
– Proper quantity of grease
There must be sufficient grease to do the job. However, too much grease can be harmful, particularly in an enclosed system. Excess grease will cause agitation, viscous drag and result in power loss.

Last edited:
Back