Bafang RM G062 (G062.1000.D 06) Liquid Cooling Design !

Region
USA
Alright long story short lets cut to the chase. I just got this motor today and I gotta say from the outside appearance the Quality is outstanding.
Thats great cause it's hard to polish a turd.
One thing I like so far is most of the features on the case can easily be machined.

Bottom line is to truly add water cooling the case is going to need to be redesigned to fit it in.
Trust me I will make room.

So now what are we gonna use to make the heat exchanger.
The answer is 316 Stainless Steel.

Don't worry it won't add to much weight. it will be thin walled.
Yes, there is plenty of room on the Disk Brake Side, The freewheel side is a bit tight.
Looks like my 7 speed cog will be going down to 3 or 4 speeds. (I never pedal anyway really).
The axel is gonna need some changes too. and larger diameter bearings.
Other than that it's a definite go.

I will be beginning work on 3D Modeling over the next few days. Once I have a model its just a matter of getting the components machined.
Lucky me I machine 316 Stainless Steel every day. It's tough material. One of the toughest to machine other than Inconel, Monel, Hastelloy type materials. You certainly have to have expensive machines and real expensive tooling to cut it.

In the meantime here's a little research on why 316 Stainless Steel.

Thermal Conductivity

316 stainless steel boasts excellent thermal conductivity, facilitating efficient heat transfer between fluids in heat exchanger systems. This property ensures rapid and uniform heating or cooling of the process fluids, optimizing energy efficiency and reducing operating costs. Whether in HVAC systems, power generation facilities, or food processing plants, 316 SS heat exchangers contribute to enhanced productivity and sustainability.

Magnetic Properties
316 stainless steel is a molybdenum-alloyed steel. The fact that it is also negligibly responsive to magnetic fields means that it can be used in applications where a non-magnetic metal is required. It also contains a number of other elements in varying concentrations.

Transformation from non-magnetic to magnetic phases
As both 316 and 304 stainless steels are austenitic, when they cool, the iron remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron), a phase of iron which is nonmagnetic. The different phases of solid iron correspond to different crystal structures. In other alloys of steel, this high-temperature phase of iron transforms to a magnetic phase when the metal cools. The presence of nickel in the stainless steel alloys stabilizes austenite against this phase transition as the alloy cools to room temperature. This corresponds to a somewhat larger magnetic susceptibility than we might expect for other nonmagnetic materials, but is still well below what might be considered magnetic.

That's all for now.
What do you think? Would you want it incorporated into a new motor design.

Mann I think it won't let you guys reply to this post.
I'm gonna start a new one. They got this wrong.
I want to go through the Bafang motor design with you guys so lets start a thread on that.
Just look for that one i guess.

Yea Idk. One time i was not logged in and it said something about sales and contacting the poster and that you couldnt make comments. Just confused me. But I did start another thread with the bafang G062 Info and models and such.

Back