Bafang middrive not working

Yes i am not very good at using it
Which Bafang Motor?

Should be pretty easy to use the multimeter, read the manual on checking for continuity and DC current. watch a Youtube Video or two.

Assuming your battery works, you will need to test that power is coming form the battery to the controller. I just had the same problem last week. My BMS on my battery would not wake up because I wasn't getting a connection in the battery cradle to the two small BMS power leads. I had bad connections at the battery cradle. Battery would not "wake up", no power to the controller/display. I have Bafang Ultra.

Check that the power is going into the controller at the controller/battery connections.

Aslo my bike died on me this year, it was a bad display. I had an extra display so I could verify it was the display.

Should be pretty easy to use it, watch a Youtube Video or two.

Assuming your battery works, you will need to test that power going into the controller from the battery. I just had the same problem. My BMS on my battery would not wake up because I wasn't getting power to the two small BMS power leads. I had bad connections at the battery cradle. No power to the controller. I have Bafang Ultra.

Check that the power is going into the controller at the controller/battery connections.
Then check if power is coming out of the controller to the motor at the motor.

Aslo my bike died on me this year, it was a bad display.
Thank you I will try it and I will check my display thank you have a great weekend

Bike is dead battery is ok could the problem be the controller in the motor
Hi William,

I am curious if you have been able to fix it? I have exact the same issue. My son left his bike with a one day old bafang middrive BBS01 out in the rain.....
next morning it would not drive. The battery and the lcd screen and headlight are working, but not the motor.
I opened the controller of the motor, but it was completely dry, and also all the connecters, I took them apart and put them in a bag of rice for five days. So they are dry to.
But now I assume for some reason the motor is not getting any electric current...
I am curious if you were able to fix yours?

Kind regards Fredric

Hi William,

I am curious if you have been able to fix it? I have exact the same issue. My son left his bike with a one day old bafang middrive BBS01 out in the rain.....
next morning it would not drive. The battery and the lcd screen and headlight are working, but not the motor.
I opened the controller of the motor, but it was completely dry, and also all the connecters, I took them apart and put them in a bag of rice for five days. So they are dry to.
But now I assume for some reason the motor is not getting any electric current...
I am curious if you were able to fix yours?

Kind regards Fredric
Sorry I took so long to get back I had my motor tested I was told it was the controller I took it off and it smells burnt I am going to order a controller in the summer as I don't use the bike much in winter but my issue is different from yours I have no power anywhere on my bike it might pay to get your bike tested could be the controller on your bike anyway best of luck fixing it kind regards william

I've only had one problem with my Bafang M620. Matrix On Anderson connectors became brittle and the battery stopped providing power to motor. My fix was soldering the black and red wire from battery to motor and heat shrink an electrical wrap on it and it fixed the problem that was 2K miles ago.
try it.
Don't be scared just take the motor out. Make sure you take the battery out that's the 1st step.
Of course a fluke multi meter is handy to check continuity on your wires.
make certain no breaks in the connection.

Back