Bafang mid drive issues

Benny boy75

Region
United Kingdom
my bike fell over in the wind and has now developed a 30h fault , i changed the display and the controller with no effect , changed the main harness and the fault has now changed to an 08 code , the motor is completely dead but there is an audible noise when i press the throttle , has anyone else had a similar problem . I suspect the next step is changing the hall sensor . Any advice would be appreciated .

I had a somewhat similar issue, which you can read about here.

Essentially, my main harness cut got cut, leading to weird problems and eventually shorting out two displays and a controller. Those shorts are nasty things and there's apparently very little protection against them built into any of the components.

My bad. The title says Mid-Drive. I was assuming hub.

That noise is still not good. But still, could something physical be blocking rotation. @m@Robertson, I ran across something of interest to you today while working on a Bosch cargo bike. On cargos the distance from the spokes to the chain stay is large presenting speed sensor problems. This one had a signal booster on it with an internal AAA battery that had expired.

My bad. The title says Mid-Drive. I was assuming hub.

That noise is still not good. But still, could something physical be blocking rotation. @m@Robertson, I ran across something of interest to you today while working on a Bosch cargo bike. On cargos the distance from the spokes to the chain stay is large presenting speed sensor problems. This one had a signal booster on it with an internal AAA battery that had expired.
I thought you were driving at something on a mid as there is a regular sound and a specific kind of resistance that comes from rolling a bike with a BBSHD backwards.

I solve that sensor problem with spacers on the chainstay mount. In particular with cable end crimps mounted to the stay with silicone tape, which lets you seat the sensor much closer to the spokes Holding the sensor down with the usual two zip ties solidifies the mount so it will never move. Never heard of a signal booster but sounds like a dumb idea :D

see my 08 post in your other thread. 08 is often the PAS PCB gone bad.

I hope so I've ordered a new one, was confused why it started with the 30h error then went to 08 suppose if the boards knackered it won't communicate so kind of makes sense

Oh, this is what that weirdness is on the Bosch. It is a Badasse Box. It makes the bike go 20% faster.

Hi guys the new hall sensor has just arrived from China fitted it and the 08 fault is still there no movement on the motor when you press the throttle you get a brief crackling noise any idea

Back