Bafang M600 specifications

Have M600 on FLX Stepthrough. Rated at 500W and 120Nm. Luna, for example, offers same M600 but with 750 or even 2000W and over 95Nm. Are the differences due to the controller? And, can the controller be simply swapped out to get the increased wattage?

There is no difference between M600 from Luna or FLX or any vendor other than the firmware on the controller. Luna's fimrware is complete garbage . In that regard you have the superior motor. Watt specs are purely marketing. All M600 have the same power / torque. Luna offers a ludicrous controller modification which shunts the controller to double the current and adds extra potting. While this does effectively double the power output, their programming sucks so bad it also makes the motor twice as unrefined.

Watt Wagons / Innotrace will be offering an aftermarket controller upgrade for the M600 next year. I'm not sure of the specifics but if you are looking for more power with refinement that's the route I would go, but it won't be cheap either.

I personally am hoping to be able to upgrade he firmware on my Luna X1 to rid myself of the Luna firmware but so far no luck obtaining the BESST tool which is needed to flash new firmware.

I personally am hoping to be able to upgrade he firmware on my Luna X1 to rid myself of the Luna firmware but so far no luck obtaining the BESST tool which is needed to flash new firmware.
Virtual BESST https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1598648#p1597881

1605992606483.png

Yeah, but I believe that only gets around needing a dealer login and credentials. You still need the BESST tool to flash the firmware AFAIK.

Confusing model designation.
  • M600
Would you like a little more? The M600 motor – 500 watts rated power, 120Nm max. torque, just 3.9kg – always delivers top performance and is the first choice for modern eMTBs. With its triple sensor system (1 torque, 2 speed sensors) it reacts with lightning speed to your pedal-power input and delivers impressive support at all times.

FWIW, the only company that I could find offering the BESST tool in the US is FLX and they wont sell it to you unless you bought the M600 from them. I tried contacting vendors on Alibaba. CNEBikes says they no longer offer it. BTN was less polite, and basically laughed at me claiming nobody would sell it to a non-dealer.

1605994056804.png

Last edited:
What are you looking for? More power? To do that you would need to make hardware modifications like shunting the controller (luna's ludicrous modification) or adding an aftermarket controller. Smoother power? The latter might be possible with upgraded firmware.

What are you looking for? More power? To do that you would need to make hardware modifications like shunting the controller (luna's ludicrous modification) or adding an aftermarket controller. Smoother power? The latter might be possible with upgraded firmware.
I'm interested in the upgraded controller you mentioned. I'll watch for its release, Thanks for the information.

Back