Bafang M510 Battery Compatibility

IanR

Region
USA
Hi, I am trying to build up a bike with a Bafang M510 or M560, including a custom battery. I have some uncertaintly how battery SOC reporting works for these motors. For Bafang batteries, my understanding is that SOC is tracked by the BMS using coulomb counting and reported to the motor controller over CANBUS, which is then sent to the display. I am looking to get a custom battery built using a case from SYR and wanted to make sure the BMS can support precise SOC tracking using coulomb counting and have it communicated properly to the motor controller over CANBUS. Can anyone provide more information on how this works?

Hi, I am trying to build up a bike with a Bafang M510 or M560, including a custom battery. I have some uncertaintly how battery SOC reporting works for these motors. For Bafang batteries, my understanding is that SOC is tracked by the BMS using coulomb counting and reported to the motor controller over CANBUS, which is then sent to the display. I am looking to get a custom battery built using a case from SYR and wanted to make sure the BMS can support precise SOC tracking using coulomb counting and have it communicated properly to the motor controller over CANBUS. Can anyone provide more information on how this works?
I think you are correct in how a Bafang battery communicates.
I don't think it will be easy to duplicate without a BMS from Bafang

Back