Bafang M200 and M300. Some Questions

commodore1962

Region
Europe
I have 2 New Bikes with the Bafang power.
Some questions please.
My Vogue SLX (M 200) makes almost no noise. My wifes Vogue Mestengo (M300) Makes A noise, not That serious, but louder than my Bafang M200, is That normal ?
Concerning my Vogue SLX (M 200), if the battery had only e.g. 15% left, is it possible You Cannot use the best power (grade 5 ). I thought there was no difference between grade 2 or 5 ,Is that possible, That When the battery runs out, You van only have the smaller electric help ?
Is it normal my m200 has A bigger range than the m300 of my wife?
Thanks. Some questions from this new Bafang-client. I’m happy with them , good price, Nice bikes, only Some questions After 2 weeks of use.

Hello Commodore1962, regarding the noise question, it would be hard to tell from typing if the noise is isolated to the motor, brakes or to the drivetrain of the unit. What kind of noise are you hearing?

In regards to the power with 15% and power mode 5. There is a difference in wattage output when using the 1-5 modes. If your unit is at 15% and you use the highest power mode, it is likely that you will have voltage drop large enough for the BMS to believe you are at cut off voltage. This is especially true, if you are demanding a large power load from the motor (I.e. going up an incline, or towing weight). Generally, if you can use the lower power modes 1 or 2 and assist the unit with pedaling, you should not see such a large voltage drop and the unit should last for a few miles once you do drop into the lower percentages or state of charge (SOC), of course variables considering.

For range, I cannot give a good opinion on that since I am unfamiliar with those units. However you can use this following formula to help determine range: Wh / W ConΦ @ v = h = mi. Battery Watt-Hour / Watt Consistency at speed = hours = miles. Example for a 48V 16Ah Battery: 768Wh / 750W @ 20mph = 1.02 or 1 hour = 20 mile.

I hope this information helps you out!

I don't know those two specific motors, but I can tell you the noise level can be significantly different from model to model. For example the Ultra/M620, with stock grease, is borderline annoying loud (not quite annoying though). The BBS02, on the other hand, is nearly silent. Both are perfectly normal, just different motors/gear types. Whining noises are usually pretty normal.

Bafang má obecně problém, že ložiska nejsou promazána dostatečně nebo téměř vůbec, při servisu motoru u zákazníka vždy ložiska otevřu a doplním mazivem, hlučnost je výrazně snížena

Back