Bafang BBS02B 750W 48V Mid Drive Motor Identification

So,
AAR after the first day of use.

Starting battery status: 87%
Average speed: 26.7km/h (Assisted by pedaling on highest gear at all times).
Most consistent speed seen was around the 33 to 35km/h.
Max speed: 59.5km/h
Most consistent power usage between 250-500w, although i realized that my DPC18 display only displays up to 750w power usage.
Time per direction 17 minutes
Distance travelled: 6.7km each way.
Change in elevation in the morning from point A to point B: 29m, almost entirely down hill.

Battery charge when arriving at point B: 51%

Battery ran out of juice about 2km from home on my return trip, trip was exaclt the same as stated above, just reversed.
I watched the battery status drop from 7% to 0% in one tick towards the end.
After about 30 seconds of pedaling without throttle, and me dropping it down from the 5th setting to the 1st, i got back 4% battery and that got me home the rest of the way with no change to that percentage.

Looks like i'm only going to get about 14km on a full charge of battery and on the 5th power setting, even if i don't try and push the motor to use all 1000w.

Milage is very hard to quantify as there are so many variables... That said that is extremely poor performance even with a small battery and hardly pedaling.
For example I'm averaging from 8.5wh used per mile.... and that's in the cold of winter. But I'm working as hard as the motor if not more.

What are your new battery specs?
How much are you pedaling ?

I hope that they haven't swapped out a crap motor for a crap battery... smh...

Shite battery!
I concur

Last edited:
Shite battery!
Rookie driver likely not helping anything here either. If he's like most of us, after riding it for a while, I'll bet he can double that 14Km range with very little extra effort.

Rookie driver likely not helping anything here either. If he's like most of us, after riding it for a while, I'll bet he can double that 14Km range with very little extra effort.
Double is only 17 miles. I get more with 10Ah.

Here's the new battery.

I'm yet to get the motor hooked up to the pc to read the specs.

Attachments

• 52V battery.jpg
    52V battery.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 210
Here's the new battery.

I'm yet to get the motor hooked up to the pc to read the specs.
Yeah you should be getting more out of the battery.
Fully charge it to see if it will accept a full charge as that is one indication of bad cells. Then run it down to see at what voltage it cuts out.
On the display settings.. change the Battery to show VOLTS as % is notoriously mis_calibrated
On the other end it could also be lower rated cells not totalling 15ah

No riding today due to forecast rain.

I plan to connect the motor to the pc tonight and see what information I can get from it, and what settings in can play with.

Will ride the bike tomorrow on a full charge and we'll see how that goes.

Sadly many batteries are sold and don’t meet the claimed Ah.
Well to some extent you will never get full Ah out of a battery as that rating is the sum of all the cells full rating and the BMS will shutdown before you get to empty.
But yeah... Some battery ratings seemed to be pulled out of hat while others fall short with crappy cells

Well to some extent you will never get full Ah out of a battery as that rating is the sum of all the cells full rating and the BMS will shutdown before you get to empty.
But yeah... Some battery ratings seemed to be pulled out of hat while others fall short with crappy cells
Luna, UPP, and many others....

Ok, a couple of questions, firstly, how can i get my display to show things in Km/h and not m/h?

Secondly, is there a way to get trip information out of my motor?
IE: distance travelled, power provided over time graphs, velocity over time graphs, etc?

Back