Bafang 750W controller replacement

Ggattis

Region
USA
I have a Big Dog Extreme with a Bafang GOFO. 750.D DC48V/750W 20" hub motor. I am trying to find a replacement motor controller. I ordered a KT controller but can't get it to work. Do you have to use a KT-LCD display with all KT controllers? I'm just looking for a combination that works!! Any suggestions on a would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know you do have to use a KT display with the KT controller. I am sure if you know what you are doing you can get a Cycle Analyst to work with it or similar, but I have always used a KT display on the several bikes I hjave built that used them.

the KT display gives you access to all the controller settings. Without that, you're pretty much SOL.

As far as I know you do have to use a KT display with the KT controller. I am sure if you know what you are doing you can get a Cycle Analyst to work with it or similar, but I have always used a KT display on the several bikes I hjave built that used them.

the KT display gives you access to all the controller settings. Without that, you're pretty much SOL.

Could you tell me if the KT controllers are plug and play or will I need to hook it up to my PC and upload drivers , Etc ? Thank you

All of the kt displays I've used have been plug n play with kt controllers.

You'll need to know more info on your setup. Download the manual for your display to see p and c parameters.

Could you tell me if the KT controllers are plug and play or will I need to hook it up to my PC and upload drivers , Etc ? Thank you
What @Fatknee said. You just plug them in. The display's setup interface then includes a settings interface that lets you fiddle with quite a few parameters.

This video from Kyle at Bolton shows how you get to the settings in the LCD3 and the LCD8H - probably the two most popular models. I have both but the vid will make it obvious why I prefer the 8H even though I sort of like the 3's b/w display a little more.

Also, a manual that was written by a native English speaker for the LCD3 is like gold! You'll know why if you see any of the others that appear to be translated from ancient Chinese by a Martian who learned English from a Russian. This manual will also work just fine to explain all the settings for the LCD8H, and probably any of them since I think the settings are more or less common among the controllers. You may need to do some digging to figure out stuff like motor magnet counts and such. Scroll down near the bottom of the page for the one you want.

What @Fatknee said. You just plug them in. The display's setup interface then includes a settings interface that lets you fiddle with quite a few parameters.

This video from Kyle at Bolton shows how you get to the settings in the LCD3 and the LCD8H - probably the two most popular models. I have both but the vid will make it obvious why I prefer the 8H even though I sort of like the 3's b/w display a little more.

Also, a manual that was written by a native English speaker for the LCD3 is like gold! You'll know why if you see any of the others that appear to be translated from ancient Chinese by a Martian who learned English from a Russian. This manual will also work just fine to explain all the settings for the LCD8H, and probably any of them since I think the settings are more or less common among the controllers. You may need to do some digging to figure out stuff like motor magnet counts and such. Scroll down near the bottom of the page for the one you want.

Hey thank you very much

Back