Bafang 500W with S900 display - works great but two questions

Tony Wright

Region
Canada
I have just assembled my first ebike kit - 500W Bafang front hub, 48 V battery and S900 display (not SW900) and Jueshuair JSM422A controller. I have a couple of questions.

1) Everything seems to be working great except that the S900 doesn't display watts. Instead it shows Error 000 all the time. It looks like this window of the display has a choice of what to show. Have I missed a configuration? Every bike connection is plugged into something on the controller (in fact only the battery was not plugged in by the Chinese supplier) but the controller itself has a spare plug with black and brown wires that doesn’t have anything to connect to on the bike. I have tried a factory reset.

2) The S900 program goes up to PO18 (some versions of S/SW900 seem to have different numbers of POs) PO17 is supposed to be a motor wattage setting 250-1000W but it came set at 100 and only allows a setting from 100-200. Where should I set PO17?

Thanks
Tony

Try a few searches to see if you can find the owners manual for your specific display? Most manuals are written in Chinglish, so you may still struggle with that, but it should give you an idea at least.

Thanks for the suggestion however I have found a several manuals and videos that cover the display program and none of them mention why watts would not show. Also there seem to be several versions of the S/SW900 and some don't even mention a PO17 motor wattage setting.
Tony

I have a 20" fat48s900 folding bike and it only goes to PO12. PO10 goes from 100 up to 200 by single digits. You can't go lower than 100 or higher than 200. I don't remember what it was set at when I got it, but I set it at 200, LOL

Back