BackPacks specifically made for Ebikes

Nomad

I figured I start a thread about backpacks made for ebike riders. EVOC makes a few packs made specifically made for ebike riders that are designed to safely carry a spare battery for a number of the top ebike manufactures. They even include some back protection. I have a EVOC fr tour 30l. Does anyone else have one of their ebike specific packs? Are there other companies out there making packs like this?

Ortlieb Vario. A pannier-backpack.
You can carry the spare battery on the rack or on your back :)
It is advisable to fill the bottom of Vario with the Ortlieb Commuter Inserts (despite of plural, the Inserts is a single piece). The Inserts will protect the pannier bottom against wearing out.

There are so many good rackless bike bags out there, many of which will easily carry a spare battery, that it is hard to justify riding with any backpack. And 30L is just plain too large to make much sense for day riding in my opinion.

If it were my decision I'd carry that spare battery with a small handlebar roll like a Revelate Designs Salty Roll. You'd also save yourself a couple hundred bucks.

Old news. Lots of backpack batteries used for over a decade. EM3ev packs are a favored build.

There are so many good rackless bike bags out there, many of which will easily carry a spare battery, that it is hard to justify riding with any backpack. And 30L is just plain too large to make much sense for day riding in my opinion.

If it were my decision I'd carry that spare battery with a small handlebar roll like a Revelate Designs Salty Roll. You'd also save yourself a couple hundred bucks

If it were my decision I'd carry that spare battery with a small handlebar roll like a Revelate Designs Salty Roll. You'd also save yourself a couple hundred bucks.
That wouldn't work for the kind of riding I do in the mountains. Also I did get mine $144 and they do make smaller ones. That salty could be just the ticket for some thou.

Here is the pack

Attachments

• 2023-02-02 (12).png
    2023-02-02 (12).png
    548.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 2023-02-02 (13).png
    2023-02-02 (13).png
    576.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 2023-02-02 (5).png
    2023-02-02 (5).png
    515.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 2023-02-02 (6).png
    2023-02-02 (6).png
    542.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 2023-02-02 (7).png
    2023-02-02 (7).png
    514.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 2023-02-02 (9).png
    2023-02-02 (9).png
    550.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2023-02-02 (10).png
    2023-02-02 (10).png
    573.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 2023-02-02 (11).png
    2023-02-02 (11).png
    549.4 KB · Views: 122
man a battery on your back would suck big time.
FOR YOU! FFS I had dozens of customers with backpack batteries on HIGH-end MTB builds. FFS fella, your limited experience isn't the market norm. But then ignorance is bliss.

FOR YOU! FFS I had dozens of customers with backpack batteries on HIGH-end MTB builds. FFS fella, your limited experience isn't the market norm. But then ignorance is bliss.
right cause I never carried a backpack on my bike while riding. Sorry but I did weight on your back sucks and in the summer it really sucks. try this guy I used this for years. you may like and and good for you but for me I rather have it on the bike. thats just my opinion not the law of the land like your making it out to be.
IMG_1412.jpg

man a battery on your back would suck big time. a light messenger bag is about all I want on my back.
no it's not that bad you do realize it not like you always carry the battery that mostly for epic all day rides. I ride to all the time with that pack with my clothes for work, lunch and bike tools. For the type of riding i do there are times where a backpack is the only thing that's really going to work.

I don't like to ride a bicycle with a back pack. A fanny pack is all that I carry on my body when I pedal, but I ride my motorbike all the time with a back pack on. You don't move around much if you ain't pedaling, so on the motorbike it's not as uncomfortable as it is on a regular bike. Ebikes would seem to be between those two poles of the two-wheel experience.

I don’t think that I would ever need to carry a spare battery on the trail for the Levo but if I did, there’s no way I would be able to fit it on the bike so I would likely throw it in a backpack like at Rob Rides emtb does. This is the same EVOC version that @Nomad is referring to. It’s likely not going to work for everyone though.

no it's not that bad you do realize it not like you always carry the battery that mostly for epic all day rides. I ride to all the time with that pack with my clothes for work, lunch and bike tools. For the type of riding i do there are times where a backpack is the only thing that's really going to work.
yes but is it a great way? nope been using backpacks daily for most of my life. they work but its far nicer to put the load on the bike if you can manage it. especially in the summer.

I think some of you may be confused I'm not talking about a connected battery
yes but is it a great way? nope been using backpacks daily for most of my life. they work but its far nicer to put the load on the bike if you can manage it. especially in the summer.
Total get where you're coming from

Pannier are great but don't work for riding EMTB's on mountain trails with jumps drop and the likes. This pack is designed with that in mind. It also offers some back protection to boot. It's great really secure on back and has good ventilation you can even carry both your battery & charger in some cases. Keep in mind carrying the spare battery is going to be for very long days out or trips involving days of not being able to charge.

Last edited:
Back