Aventure suspension seatpost?

Joelrog

Region
USA
Am planning to buy a suspension seatpost to fit Aventon AVENTURE model. Not sure about size, brand. Anyone with knowledge in that regard?

I have two of the Suntour Suspension seat posts for my two Aventon Levels, and on on my Electric Fat Bike. They are excellent.

The 27.2 mm is definitely not the correct size for the Aventure. My measure of the tube shows it to be approximately 31.75 mm. Not sure how exact the new seatpost must be to work.

The 27.2 mm is definitely not the correct size for the Aventure. My measure of the tube shows it to be approximately 31.75 mm. Not sure how exact the new seatpost must be to work.
Obviously You should order the correct size post or get a seat post shim. At the time I ordered the seat post to fit my Level (27.2), but I wanted to be able to switch my seat post to my Fat Bike which was a larger diameter. You can get a seat post shim on Amazon. Aventon Aventure specs say the seat post is 30.4mm.

Obviously You should order the correct size post or get a seat post shim. At the time I ordered the seat post to fit my Level (27.2), but I wanted to be able to switch my seat post to my Fat Bike which was a larger diameter. You can get a seat post shim on Amazon. Aventon Aventure specs say the seat post is 30.4mm.
Obviously? A customer service rep confirmed the 30.4mm diameter, but I have looked through the aventure manual and do not see it. Anyway, ordered the 27.2 suntour post and an appropriate shim. The suntours seem unavailable in the u.s. currently. The shim will likely arrive long before the seat post.

Did you get your suspension seat post, if so did the shim work ok,? I'm considering a suspension seatpost and/ or maybe a cloud 9 seat on my bike. Apparently Aventon doesn't sell a seatpost thats the correct size without shim?

Maybe suspension seatpost is a better first step for me. Possibly go with cloud 9 seat later ,if needed.. I believe the cloud 9 seat is larger?

You're right; the Cloud 9 is larger and it looks impressive, but I could not really appreciate the difference over the stock Velo seat. I think you'll definitely appreciate the difference the suspension seatpost makes.

Just following up looking for more on comfortable seat. Or susp seatpost. I thought my butt would toughen up. I have about 230 miles on the bike in 2 plus months.. My.longest ride is about 13 miles in 45 min. Butt hurting after that. I could probably do 15 miles. My average ride is 8 to 10 miles in 30 to 35 min., try for 4 times a week. I like to ride pas 3 in traffic. Avg. Around 18 mph. On sideroads I'm trying to ride more on lower pas for more exercise. Or noassist at times on flats. I'm still leaning toward a deatpkst first, maybe a C9 seat later? Need to increase my riding time snd distance when I csn..

I have three Ebikes. Two Levels and a mid-drive fat bike. I have three Suntour Suspension Seat posts with Velo Cloud memory foam seats. Everyone loves them. I don't even notice bumps in the road anymore.

Last edited:
They are on Amazon from different retailers, I purchased one through Amazon and two through Ebay. Prices and delivery times vary greatly. Aventon web site states the Aventure seat post is 30.4mm x 350mm, so you will need one that fits that specification. They are available in sizes 27.2 - 33.9.

Last edited:
Just following up looking for more on comfortable seat. Or susp seatpost. I thought my butt would toughen up. I have about 230 miles on the bike in 2 plus months.. My.longest ride is about 13 miles in 45 min. Butt hurting after that. I could probably do 15 miles. My average ride is 8 to 10 miles in 30 to 35 min., try for 4 times a week. I like to ride pas 3 in traffic. Avg. Around 18 mph. On sideroads I'm trying to ride more on lower pas for more exercise. Or noassist at times on flats. I'm still leaning toward a deatpkst first, maybe a C9 seat later? Need to increase my riding time snd distance when I csn..
Seat post first. That is where you will realize the greatest comfort gain in my opinion.

Just to reiterate what others have said, the seat post on the Aventon Aventure is NOT 27.2mm. It is not even a standard size. It is 30.4mm. You will need to buy a shim no matter what seat post you buy. Just make sure it is the correct one for the size seat post you get. I bought a Cane Creek Thudbuster ST gen 4 with a 27.2mm post. I also ordered a Cane Creek 27.2mm to 30.4mm shim, and it is very high quality and works well.

One more related question. If looking at a search for larger man for Aventure. Suggestions? I'm 6 ft 1. 255 lbs. My butt is not out of proportion for my size. But think also considering adding a larger, more comfortable seat. Any better suggestions than cloud 9? I also don't want a seat that's too large. Intereferd with pedaling hoping seat and likely susp seatpost will get me past my 13 mile limit when seat becomes almost unbearable.

Back