Aventon Sinch Handlebar Alignment

Yeti

Region
Canada
As a very new owner (about 3 weeks) of a Sinch, purchased brand new, I’m wondering if anyone else has run into the problem of the handlebars, rather disconcertingly, becoming misaligned from the front wheel while riding. In other words the front wheel could go in the direction it pleases. The two bolts which are meant to hold the steering tube tight are as tight as possible as the casting gap is completely closed with no more compression available. I contacted Aventon and got the robo reply that an answer would be coming forthwith but I’ve heard nothing yet. After being in my possession for 13 days I took it in to the dealer and they confirmed the issue and we’re also not able to fix the fault. It’s now been in the shop 7 days while I wait for the bike I had in my possession for less than two weeks. Very disappointing to say the least.

Attachments

• B5518B48-E331-443B-B518-A54744FA70DC.jpeg
    B5518B48-E331-443B-B518-A54744FA70DC.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 322
Release the handlebars into the folding position. You will see a cap and small cover as you look down the tube of the frame. Remove small cover with a pick or small screwdriver. Once small cap is off you will find an Allen head bolt. Tighten that as mine did the same thing. Good luck

Release the handlebars into the folding position. You will see a cap and small cover as you look down the tube of the frame. Remove small cover with a pick or small screwdriver. Once small cap is off you will find an Allen head bolt. Tighten that as mine did the same thing. Good luck
Thank you for your reply. Yes I tried that to no avail. Upon returning the bike to the dealer for help it was discovered that the tube inside coming up from the fork was not coming high enough for both tightening screws on the casting to do any good. They put a longer tube on the fork which came up high enough so that both screws are tightening on something and the tube now also is high enough to get gripped by the slight narrowing of the casting. Not sure how many Sinches are made like this but I would consider it a serious flaw as the front wheel was not firmly affixed to the handlebars. The dealer was great and FYI they also explained that tightening that screw pointing down under the cap too much is not the answer or recommended. They said it should be snug plus a quarter turn so to put just the right amount of pressure on the bearings.

I am happy you found the solution. I have two sinch bikes and found both bikes to have front fork play of which tightening the said bolt cured the problem. Other than that issue the bikes operate as advertised. Good day

Back