Aventon Customer Service lead times?

RMAG

Region
USA
I just bought a new Aventon bike direct from them which arrived damaged last week. I immediately emailed photos and opened a warranty claim. It’s been about 5 days and I have not heard a single thing from them.

Anyone with recent experience on how long it takes them to respond?

Their terms say I have 14 days to return the bike which I will do if they don’t respond.

Bummer. I and my friends have had good success with Aventon, but your mileage obviously varies.
It doesn't help that they are not doing any phone calls, so that's a hassle, too.
Is it shipping damage, or is it a mechanical issue?

Shipping Damage, bent the front fork.

1628535830927.png

Whoa, that is significant. It almost seems like too much damage from shipping, but it's also hard to imagine how that happened in house, and passed inspection.

Ship it back. I ordered a 500 last Friday, and am getting it on Wednesday. Depending on model, their turnaround time is quite quick.

No way it happened in house. 100% shipping damage I think it probably got dropped on the corner where the fork is from a truck or something. I haven't even removed all the packing from the bike when I noticed it. The plastic piece shown here is supposed to span the fork.
1628536418764.png

The outside of the box however doesn't appear to be damaged though. No idea how it happened, just need them to contact me to resolve it. I went with Aventon becuase I thought I would have more service because there is a local Aventon dealer near me.

You can see how bad it got twisted looking at the packing foam... The plastic piece is supposed to sit across the foam, not diagonally.

1628536508224.png

The outside of the box does not appear to be damaged though. I just want Aventon to get back to me. Sucks to have a brand new bike with a problem and no good way to talk to the manufacturer to get it fixed. Hopefully I just need to be more patient and they will get to me.

Last edited:
Just updating... I used the online chat feature of the website to contact them and was subsequently sent an email offering to replace the bike. So I have some progress. I'll report back how it goes.

I got my new bike this one was not damaged I put it together tonight and took it for a test ride, all looks well.

If you have a dealer nearby, why you didn't order through dealer. That way when there is a problem, the dealer handles it, and you don't get stuck with shipping.

If you have a dealer nearby, why you didn't order through dealer. That way when there is a problem, the dealer handles it, and you don't get stuck with shipping.
This is one of the deciding factors for me to buy an Aventon as I do have a dealer near me. My first try was to order from them, but the dealer informed me that Aventon does not have any bikes for dealers to order at this time and the only way to buy one was direct through Aventon.

OP - looks like they took care of it pretty quickly once you got their attention.
Yes, I had spoke to a few support people in chat who informed me to issue a warranty form which I did. After getting absolutely no response on the eighth day after the order I went back to the chat and got a hold of somebody named Lydia W who was very responsive and took care of my problem that day.

Your story doesn't match the pictures.

There is not enough cardboard damage. They most likely boxed a damaged bike. They may have assembled a bike with a damaged fork.

Back