Excellent customer service from Zen

Deacon Blues

Many of us find that great customer service is happening far less often than we'd like.
We've all dealt with companies that promise you the world before you buy their product, but offer you nothing in the way of customer after-sales service once you've given them your hard earned money.
Which brings me to the reason for this post.
I recently purchased a Zen ebike for my wife. When we receive the bike the box showed considerable damage. It looked like the UPS crew had dropped it off the truck two or three times from various heights.
When I opened the box I found that the bike had sustained some damage (a couple of paint scratched, a bend rear fender, and a deformed rear rim). This wasn't a surprise, as the back of the box had substantial damage, which had also damaged the back of the bike.
I emailed Zen and the quickly emailed me back, stating that they would make everything right.
Deepak, from Zen, then phoned me to let me know they would be sending me a new bike. A little while later Ravi emailed me to tell me he was sorry about the bike problem and again state that a new bike would be sent to me when the next batch of bikes arrived at his shop.
The thing is, it wasn't his fault that the bike arrived at my house damaged. It as UPS's fault, but he was prepared to make it right.

That, my friends, is excellent customer service. Remember this if any of you are considering buying an ebike online, and looking for an ebike brand that stands behind their product.
Ron

There is an old Polish proverb that says
"Don't praise the day before the sunset" 😊
My ZEN shipped today and Blair (mechanic /customer service) told me that they double boxed it. Fingers crossed.
UPS can be some real animals.
This one time at band camp... my friend shipped some speakers... They arrived in a re-taped box and the speaker inside was literally in about 20 pieces. Dropped off the back of the truck and then backed over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was only single boxed, but I doubt double boxing would have saved the bike from being damaged.
I wondered why the bike didn't show up when it was supposed to. When I checked with UPS tracking it showed the bike as delivered, so I contacted Zen and they contacted UPS.
Two hours later I got a call from a local trucking company that the bike would be delivered in 15 minutes.
I suspect the bike was in some warehouse where they worked on putting the box back together.

Mine was only single boxed, but I doubt double boxing would have saved the bike from being damaged.
I wondered why the bike didn't show up when it was supposed to. When I checked with UPS tracking it showed the bike as delivered, so I contacted Zen and they contacted UPS.
Two hours later I got a call from a local trucking company that the bike would be delivered in 15 minutes.
I suspect the bike was in some warehouse where they worked on putting the box back together.
That sucks... especially when it was more than likely the result of some disgruntle.
I had no doubt that Ravi would make it right and I'm sure it was properly insured anyway.
I also wouldn't doubt mine was double boxed as a result of this occurrence. It will be harder to replace quickly as it's not a production bike.
Maybe he should consider palet shipping?
Well I hope he gets you a replacement soon as we are heading into primo riding weather.

Many of us find that great customer service is happening far less often than we'd like.
We've all dealt with companies that promise you the world before you buy their product, but offer you nothing in the way of customer after-sales service once you've given them your hard earned money.
Which brings me to the reason for this post.
I recently purchased a Zen ebike for my wife. When we receive the bike the box showed considerable damage. It looked like the UPS crew had dropped it off the truck two or three times from various heights.
When I opened the box I found that the bike had sustained some damage (a couple of paint scratched, a bend rear fender, and a deformed rear rim). This wasn't a surprise, as the back of the box had substantial damage, which had also damaged the back of the bike.
I emailed Zen and the quickly emailed me back, stating that they would make everything right.
Deepak, from Zen, then phoned me to let me know they would be sending me a new bike. A little while later Ravi emailed me to tell me he was sorry about the bike problem and again state that a new bike would be sent to me when the next batch of bikes arrived at his shop.
The thing is, it wasn't his fault that the bike arrived at my house damaged. It as UPS's fault, but he was prepared to make it right.

That, my friends, is excellent customer service. Remember this if any of you are considering buying an ebike online, and looking for an ebike brand that stands behind their product.
Ron
Dear Ron,
I am Stanley from the Zen Support Team.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!
Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us improve our services.
We're committed to continually improving and providing you with the best possible experience. If you ever have any questions, suggestions, or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or [email protected].
Once again, thank you for your support and for choosing Zen Electric Bikes. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Warm regards,

Stanley Phillips
Zen Support Team.

Back