Aventon Aventure Review

I definitely think Aventon will be one to watch going forward. I am very happy with my Level. I find that most people who ask about it are quite surprised to discover it’s an eBike. The Aventure too, will be popular for sure.

Agreed.
Having owned two Aventon Levels since September, and having built a Luna BBSHD mid-drive Fat Bike in January, from what I can see, I think this Aventon fatty is a winner.
I read your incredibly helpful Level review and actually placed an order for the Level, but switched it to the Aventure when it was announced this week. Thank you for the review and updates.

BTW, I live in Arlington if you ever wanted to check out the Aventure in person.

I read your incredibly helpful Level review and actually placed an order for the Level, but switched it to the Aventure when it was announced this week. Thank you for the review and updates.

BTW, I live in Arlington if you ever wanted to check out the Aventure in person.
Hey thanks! I'll definitely cruise the W&OD one day and take a look at it. A buddy of mine just placed an order too.

First off, this is my first E bike. I've been searching for the last several months reading everything
a lot here on this site. Countless video reviews price ranges from $1500 to $4000 mid drive-hub Drive
IGH-Sram-belt drive, etc.

Start with, I'm 64 still working. My wife is 68 and retired, so why a E bike ?
In my case had both knees replaced last year my wife had an accident barrel racing with her
horse many years ago and has tendon problems in her feet from several surgeries, so we are
both very active people like to be outside like to be in the environment in the woods, etc.
the E bike put us back in the game again to enjoy what we both missed.

I think there are many different kind E bikes for many different kinds of riders and this alone
should change your parameters of what you want to do and what bike to buy so mine was
some trail riding, some riding on dirt roads on state forest property-a little on paved trails.

This particular E bike fit all my parameters and the price was a little below what I expected to pay.
Order the black Aventure for me the red step through for the wife. I called and talked to them
several times trying to find out some more background on them also talked to dealer in Winston-Salem
North Carolina who is a dealer for them also. Everything turned out to be very good and
cannot find any negativity anywhere in this company.

So I ordered the 2 bikes 2 rear racks 2 baskets and they gave me $200 off because I ordered
2 two bikes and they threw in a T-shirt and a hat. They were in stock and free shipping
no tax to Virginia. Within seven days they showed up at my house which was a little bit of a surprise.
All the parts with their the boxes were not damaged UPS backed up to my shop door and unloaded
everything. We watched the video on how to put them together and was an hour and a half we had
them put together. It was relatively easy to do.

Now this is the part of the test drive before we went on an all day ride. I'm sure most of you who
read this. Know the difference in classes of bikes. All I can say to this. Is this one is a class 2 with
a throttle that will go 20 miles an hour but it's also a class III that will go over 30. Best thing is
it stamped on it class 2 . What else it can do is only up to you and how you program or un-program it.

I'm not going to go into all the display stuff. You can see that on somebody else's reviews, but the
display was excellent. The brake levers were exactly in the right spots and unbelievably strong so was
the throttle. There is a learning curve on a E bike and my wife had a difficult time adjusting to it.
We both drove them around the farm for several miles in the fields on the roads and right off I knew
I had an issue with my bike. It wasn't the bike but with me after my replacement of my knees. It's difficult
to throw my leg over the rail on my bike. Same problem I have on getting on our horses, but a lot worse on
the horses. So my wife graciously exchanged her bike for mine. So now I have the red step through
and she has the other black bike. So I switch the basket from the black to the red ,because she did
not want a basket on hers. She said it made her look like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, go figure.

Purchased a bike rack that would carry 2 fat tire E bikes put the bikes on and went to the Bear Creek State Park.
Had a little problem with the Park Ranger right off. Told me I could not ride these bikes here. But that's a whole
different story for later. I brought a few extra tools air pump and a extra tube just in case, and we took off the state forest.

The place we were riding at had a lot of hills only level in smaller areas so it was a learning curve on what level
you want the assist at and what gear you want to put it into. After's five or 6 miles we both figured it out pretty much
and came to the conclusion on an E bike is not necessarily changing the speed of the gear train like you normally would
but the level of assist. Also, when starting from a dead stop used to throttle to get you to your cruising speed
that way it's almost unnecessary to change gears unless you are on a horse trail or something where the terrain
was changing constantly. At this point, I would not have an E bike without a throttle, at least for me.

We ended up 30 miles. About six hours and were both extremely satisfied with the choice of the bike and how it
performed. Even after 30 miles we still had 40% of the battery left and it was exactly the same on both bikes.
The brakes were awesome no problem stopping here. The stance is more sitting straight up, but that's how I like to
ride and so does the wife. The quality of this bike is extremely good for the price and remember you getting free shipping
no tax. I can not say a bad thing about it. Everything worked like it should, shifted like it should, perform like it should.
We were also amazed at the amount of power and torque this bike has. We mostly used level I and level 2 assist
and rarely did anything more than that because we just didn't need it. The next day, we did 35 miles with 32%
of the battery left. Again, no problems. Everything held up really well even going down horse trails, right away's
an off the beaten path. Now again I'm not climbing mountains or jumping rocks or blazing a new trail.
That would be a whole different bike with better suspension and I'm past that point.

So this is been a long winded review, but I know somebody out there like me would like to read and I would not change
my decision on buying this bike Aventure. I'm just glad I waited and did make an impulse buy too quickly till the right one
came along...

20210522_074523.jpg

20210522_074534.jpg

20210522_074556.jpg

20210518_050248 (1).jpg

First off, this is my first E bike. I've been searching for the last several months reading everything
a lot here on this site. Countless video reviews price ranges from $1500 to $4000 mid drive-hub Drive
IGH-Sram-belt drive, etc.

Start with, I'm 64 still working. My wife is 68 and retired, so why a E bike ?
In my case had both knees replaced last year my wife had an accident barrel racing with her
horse many years ago and has tendon problems in her feet from several surgeries, so we are
both very active people like to be outside like to be in the environment in the woods, etc.
the E bike put us back in the game again to enjoy what we both missed.

I think there are many different kind E bikes for many different kinds of riders and this alone
should change your parameters of what you want to do and what bike to buy so mine was
some trail riding, some riding on dirt roads on state forest property-a little on paved trails.

This particular E bike fit all my parameters and the price was a little below what I expected to pay.
Order the black Aventure for me the red step through for the wife. I called and talked to them
several times trying to find out some more background on them also talked to dealer in Winston-Salem
North Carolina who is a dealer for them also. Everything turned out to be very good and
cannot find any negativity anywhere in this company.

So I ordered the 2 bikes 2 rear racks 2 baskets and they gave me $200 off because I ordered
2 two bikes and they threw in a T-shirt and a hat. They were in stock and free shipping
no tax to Virginia. Within seven days they showed up at my house which was a little bit of a surprise.
All the parts with their the boxes were not damaged UPS backed up to my shop door and unloaded
everything. We watched the video on how to put them together and was an hour and a half we had
them put together. It was relatively easy to do.

Now this is the part of the test drive before we went on an all day ride. I'm sure most of you who
read this. Know the difference in classes of bikes. All I can say to this. Is this one is a class 2 with
a throttle that will go 20 miles an hour but it's also a class III that will go over 30. Best thing is
it stamped on it class 2 . What else it can do is only up to you and how you program or un-program it.

I'm not going to go into all the display stuff. You can see that on somebody else's reviews, but the
display was excellent. The brake levers were exactly in the right spots and unbelievably strong so was
the throttle. There is a learning curve on a E bike and my wife had a difficult time adjusting to it.
We both drove them around the farm for several miles in the fields on the roads and right off I knew
I had an issue with my bike. It wasn't the bike but with me after my replacement of my knees. It's difficult
to throw my leg over the rail on my bike. Same problem I have on getting on our horses, but a lot worse on
the horses. So my wife graciously exchanged her bike for mine. So now I have the red step through
and she has the other black bike. So I switch the basket from the black to the red ,because she did
not want a basket on hers. She said it made her look like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, go figure.

Purchased a bike rack that would carry 2 fat tire E bikes put the bikes on and went to the Bear Creek State Park.
Had a little problem with the Park Ranger right off. Told me I could not ride these bikes here. But that's a whole
different story for later. I brought a few extra tools air pump and a extra tube just in case, and we took off the state forest.

The place we were riding at had a lot of hills only level in smaller areas so it was a learning curve on what level
you want the assist at and what gear you want to put it into. After's five or 6 miles we both figured it out pretty much
and came to the conclusion on an E bike is not necessarily changing the speed of the gear train like you normally would
but the level of assist. Also, when starting from a dead stop used to throttle to get you to your cruising speed
that way it's almost unnecessary to change gears unless you are on a horse trail or something where the terrain
was changing constantly. At this point, I would not have an E bike without a throttle, at least for me.

We ended up 30 miles. About six hours and were both extremely satisfied with the choice of the bike and how it
performed. Even after 30 miles we still had 40% of the battery left and it was exactly the same on both bikes.
The brakes were awesome no problem stopping here. The stance is more sitting straight up, but that's how I like to
ride and so does the wife. The quality of this bike is extremely good for the price and remember you getting free shipping
no tax. I can not say a bad thing about it. Everything worked like it should, shifted like it should, perform like it should.
We were also amazed at the amount of power and torque this bike has. We mostly used level I and level 2 assist
and rarely did anything more than that because we just didn't need it. The next day, we did 35 miles with 32%
of the battery left. Again, no problems. Everything held up really well even going down horse trails, right away's
an off the beaten path. Now again I'm not climbing mountains or jumping rocks or blazing a new trail.
That would be a whole different bike with better suspension and I'm past that point.

So this is been a long winded review, but I know somebody out there like me would like to read and I would not change
my decision on buying this bike Aventure. I'm just glad I waited and did make an impulse buy too quickly till the right one
came along...

View attachment 88437

View attachment 88438

View attachment 88439

View attachment 88440
Thanks for the fantastic review! If you don't mind sharing, what rack did you use to transport these two bikes with your car?

I would not say this is my first choice on E bike car racks its ok. A little cheaply made.
It's at its weight limit for these two e- bikes. The price range isn't too bad it does work.
One advantage it is on Amazon prime if you don't like it you can always send it back.

rackk.jpg

You realize you are over the weight limit with that rack. Take off the batteries and your gear for transport.

We just ordered the Aventure. Still haven't received it but i made a video of why we picked the Aventure vs other fat tire ebikes

I got my Aventure in June. OP is right about the learning curve - it was fun from the start but I'm a lot better on it after riding it. I should be getting my rack today and am looking forward to getting out of town for some new terrain. No regrets at all.

I hope that Aventon designs a cover for the battery reception region when the battery is removed. Until they do, do NOT remove the battery and expose the area where the battery seats to the elements.

Back