Aurora Mid Drive ordered

Nerkdawg

I just ordered an Aurora Mid Drive fully loaded. Evelo has arranged for it to be delivered to a local bike shop for initial assembly/setup. Evelo has been very helpful. I am fairly short (5’7”), about 300 pounds, wanted a step thru, and live in a hilly area. After reading several reviews on EBR and doing some research, the Aurora seemed like the best choice for me.

It has been several years since I’ve ridden a bike (other than test rides). I’m looking forward to getting out and about on the Aurora!

I just returned from a trip to Europe where we paid a guide and rode electric bikes for the 1st time. We loved it. When I returned home, I researched many bikes and visited local bike shops to check out different models. I settled on the Evelo Aurora also. They told me they should ship in about 10 days. I'm counting them! (6 days to go) I can't wait to try out get out and ride!

H82quit - they shipped mine. It’s scheduled to arrive at the LBS on July 5th. Hopefully, I’ll have it early next week! I was able to meet up with an Evelo Delta owner and test ride his bike. He had nothing but good things to say about Evelo.

Enjoy your new ride!

H82quit - they shipped mine. It’s scheduled to arrive at the LBS on July 5th. Hopefully, I’ll have it early next week! I was able to meet up with an Evelo Delta owner and test ride his bike. He had nothing but good things to say about Evelo.

Enjoy your new ride!
I am taking a leap of faith on reviews of others and hope that this bike is as great as it seems. I'm already thinking that I'll be changing the seat, possibly the seat post for a more comfortable ride. I'd be interested to hear how you like yours once you get it Nerkdawg.

The new Aurora hub drive with (TRUE) 750 watt motor, looks awesome too. One on order coming to my shop. There aren't a lot of quality hub drive ebikes with 750 watts, nice cushy 3" road tires, and ability to handle 350 lb riders, especially at this price point, available through dealers and on-line. Kudos to Evelo for offering both mid drive and hub drive versions, WITH THROTTLES, and building sturdy enough ebikes to handle even heavier riders.

Mike - agree with your assessment. The 350 pound capacity appealed to me. Many of the other bikes I researched listed capacities in the 250 to 275 pound range. That range would have left me concerned with possible warranty issues.

Hello to all,
I too am interested in the Evelo Aurora.
Please keep your opinions & experiences coming, I'm all ears.

The company has me impressed, yet I was hoping not to pay over $2500.

Im simultaneously looking at Ariel Rider NEW C-Class https://arielrider.com/products/c-class-electric-commuter-bike
It also looks to be full of good components, and at HALF THE PRICE of Aurora !
The only thing about Ariel is, I don't know if they are as supportive as Evelo.
I never thought the purchase of an ebike would be so all-consuming, and confusing.

I look forward to ANY insights.

Craig

Craig,

I went through the same process you're going through. I chose Evelo because they have a quality product (at a premium price), and they don't seem to have many unhappy customers. I haven't had any reason to use their customer support, but everything I read indicated it's top notch. I did contact Evelo customer support to take advantage of their comfortable seat reimbursement offer, and they respnded immediately and I had my reimbursement in a day. Be sure to check out the Ariel Rider section of this forum. There's not a lot of activity there, but I noticed some troubling complaints about the lack of response from the Ariel Rider customer support. Those kind of complaints would cause me to look elsewhere.

Comparing the two bikes, the Aurora comes with a 750W mid-drive motor and the NuVinci auto shifter, which the Ariel Rider does not. Those two features account for some of the difference in price. I have the NuVinci shifter on my Evelo Galaxy 24, and I love it. Be sure and watch the video on the Evelo site about that shifter to get a better understanding of what it does.

Last edited:
I agree the NuVinci auto, warranty, and customer service is the reason I went with Evelo. Before and after my purchase these guys have answered every question I have emailed about. I was also called by Evelo to better explain one of my questions. I did look at the Rider C-Class a very nice bike also and I love the front rack.

Enjoy your new ride!

I went through the same process checking out every bike out there I could find with the options that I wanted, Step through frame, Mid-Drive, hydraulic brakes, Auto Shifting, Throttle and the integrated lights. I kept coming back to Evelo. Originally I was looking at the Galaxy 24, but soon came to decide on the Aurora due to the location of the battery, the more powerful 750W motor and the integrated lights. The only thing I sacrificed on was the Gates Drive, which is not available on the Aurora at this time. I've read in this forum that there is one in the works maybe coming in 2020.

I think the price of the Evelo bikes are a value compared to other bikes out there, although more than I was originally looking to pay.

I received notice from EVELO that my Aurora has shipped UPS yesterday, 07/05. Since then, I have received several emails from Evelo with links to some straight forward videos on unboxing and setting up the bike, the computer display and manuals.

I keep checking the UPS tracking, but it does not have a delivery date posted as of yet. From all of the research, reviews and owners comments, I think am going to be happy with the decision to go with the Aurora.

I will know soon enough.

I went through the same process checking out every bike out there I could find with the options that I wanted, Step through frame, Mid-Drive, hydraulic brakes, Auto Shifting, Throttle and the integrated lights. I kept coming back to Evelo. Originally I was looking at the Galaxy 24, but soon came to decide on the Aurora due to the location of the battery, the more powerful 750W motor and the integrated lights. The only thing I sacrificed on was the Gates Drive, which is not available on the Aurora at this time. I've read in this forum that there is one in the works maybe coming in 2020.

I think the price of the Evelo bikes are a value compared to other bikes out there, although more than I was originally looking to pay.

I received notice from EVELO that my Aurora has shipped UPS yesterday, 07/05. Since then, I have received several emails from Evelo with links to some straight forward videos on unboxing and setting up the bike, the computer display and manuals.

I keep checking the UPS tracking, but it does not have a delivery date posted as of yet. From all of the research, reviews and owners comments, I think am going to be happy with the decision to go with the Aurora.

I will know soon enough.

Please let me live vicariously thru your Aurora experience, and provide a blow by blow account, of your objective impressions, once you get to ride it.

Now I cant wait for YOUR bike to arrive..........:p
Craig

Picked up my Aurora from the LBS today. Sadly the NuVinci display does not light up. I think there is a short. Tried quick trouble shooting via email with Evelo to no avail. Back to LBS tomorrow for them to troubleshoot.

Picked up my Aurora from the LBS today. Sadly the NuVinci display does not light up. I think there is a short. Tried quick trouble shooting via email with Evelo to no avail. Back to LBS tomorrow for them to troubleshoot.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that...Can you please share what was wrong and the solution when they get this addressed?
Hopefully it is a quick fix!

Back