Attaching My Taillight

Riversurf

I'm trying to figure out how to mount my old taillight (Cygolite Hotshot) -- or any standard taillight -- on my ebike. It had been mounted on the seat post of my regular bicycle, but on the ebike it's completely hidden in that position. There's already a light on the Kalkhoff, but it has only one setting (no flashing) and it's not enough for me. But I don't want to remove it because it's hardwired to the system. I haven't figured out how to attach the Cygolite to the rack itself with some jury rigged set up.

I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

B7.jpg
B7-tail light.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to mount my old taillight (Cygolite Hotshot) -- or any standard taillight -- on my ebike. It had been mounted on the seat post of my regular bicycle, but on the ebike it's completely hidden in that position. There's already a light on the Kalkhoff, but it has only one setting (no flashing) and it's not enough for me. But I don't want to remove it because it's hardwired to the system. I haven't figured out how to attach the Cygolite to the rack itself with some jury rigged set up.

I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

View attachment 23827View attachment 23828
In the past on conventional bikes I've needed to make a flat spot to attach reflectors on a rack. I made a piece of thick plexiglass to size needed,drilled appropriate holes, then attached with black zip ties. Worked for me....? Good Luck!

I have a Busch and Müller toplite flat s tail light I attach to my rack with a t-bracket, see http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/taillights.php#racks but you would need to mount it to the top upside down because you need to be able to remove the battery, or take a look at the saddle rail mount on the same page.

How are you liking the Kalkhoff, I have the Shimano Nexus 8 IGH on my bike and love it.

Last edited:
In the past on conventional bikes I've needed to make a flat spot to attach reflectors on a rack. I made a piece of thick plexiglass to size needed,drilled appropriate holes, then attached with black zip ties. Worked for me....? Good Luck!

Well, I've rigged something up with a couple of zip ties. We'll see. Thanks.

I have a Busch and Müller toplite flat s tail light I attach to my rack with a t-bracket, see http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/taillights.php#racks but you would need to mount it to the top upside down because you need to be able to remove the battery, or take a look at the saddle rail mount on the same page.

How are you liking the Kalkhoff, I have the Shimano Nexus 8 IGH on my bike and love it.

I've only had it a few days. So far, I absolutely love it.

Back