Atlas first impressions

NO! The knurled end must remain on the outside! The longer smooth end recesses into the left fork leg.
You're right. That's the way I had it and when I looked at the printed instructions again it seemed to show knurled end inside.
Axle Nut.jpg

The assembly video shows the knurled section on the outside.
Video Knurled out.jpg

I received an e-mail from Evelo yesterday wanting me to schedule a 15 minute phone conversation with one of their support team members because it's been 30 days since receiving my Atlas. (Nice gesture!) I'm scheduled to receive a call from them on Wednesday, February 1st, 3:30 ET. The question about the lower fender support strut is #1 on my topics (14) for discussion! Anything else you would like me to discuss with them?
Sounds like we got our bikes right around the same time. I'll be at 30 days on 2/2. In case I don't get an email for sure share anything they tell you about the fender. Life stuff going on so I wasn't able to complete the assembly until this past weekend and first ride on Sunday. Overall first impression has been good.

Attachments

• Atlas.jpg
    Atlas.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 132
I received an e-mail from Evelo yesterday wanting me to schedule a 15 minute phone conversation with one of their support team members because it's been 30 days since receiving my Atlas. (Nice gesture!) I'm scheduled to receive a call from them on Wednesday, February 1st, 3:30 ET. The question about the lower fender support strut is #1 on my topics (14) for discussion! Anything else you would like me to discuss with them?
As mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago, EVELO had emailed me a request to schedule a 15 minute phone call for a "30-Day Customer Follow Up". A gentleman called yesterday, on time, and I got an opportunity to discuss my concerns, questions, comments and complaints. He was very patient and extremely knowledgeable of not only EVELO products, policies, and procedures but ebikes in general.

The conversation lasted 45 minutes! We covered all my more than a dozen issues and he addressed each one thoroughly. We discussed contradictions between the "Assembly of EVELO Atlas" PDF and the "Evelo Atlas Unboxing and Assembly" video. He said he is personally charged with rewriting the "Assembly of EVELO Atlas" to be released later.

We also discussed the problem with the front fender not fitting correctly and he said EVELO is aware of that and they are working on it.

One of my comments was that there is no mention of maintenance or adjustment of the front suspension fork in any of their manuals. I told him I was familiar with spring suspension forks and asked about pre-loading on the Atlas air suspension fork. He explained how the fork operated and then asked me my weight and told me how to set the proper deflection for that weight. As I said before, the EVELO Support team 'rocks'!

I am even more impressed with EVELO now than before especially with their caring for their customers' concerns.

Here are the links to the assembly information quoted above.

As mentioned in an earlier post a few days ago, EVELO had emailed me a request to schedule a 15 minute phone call for a "30-Day Customer Follow Up". A gentleman called yesterday, on time, and I got an opportunity to discuss my concerns, questions, comments and complaints. He was very patient and extremely knowledgeable of not only EVELO products, policies, and procedures but ebikes in general.

The conversation lasted 45 minutes! We covered all my more than a dozen issues and he addressed each one thoroughly. We discussed contradictions between the "Assembly of EVELO Atlas" PDF and the "Evelo Atlas Unboxing and Assembly" video. He said he is personally charged with rewriting the "Assembly of EVELO Atlas" to be released later.

We also discussed the problem with the front fender not fitting correctly and he said EVELO is aware of that and they are working on it.

One of my comments was that there is no mention of maintenance or adjustment of the front suspension fork in any of their manuals. I told him I was familiar with spring suspension forks and asked about pre-loading on the Atlas air suspension fork. He explained how the fork operated and then asked me my weight and told me how to set the proper deflection for that weight. As I said before, the EVELO Support team 'rocks'!

I am even more impressed with EVELO now than before especially with their caring for their customers' concerns.

Here are the links to the assembly information quoted above.

Thanks for the report and the video. After watching the video, I start to understand some of the front fender/tire clearance problems and confusion. If this video is current/correct, at ~2:02, it shows the fender tab being installed at the rear of the light assembly (first image), with the spacer at the front. This would tend to push the fender back, providing more fender/tire clearance. Not sure if the strut spacers would still be required. In contradiction, the official Atlas assembly PDF shows the fender tab installed at the front of the light assembly with the spacer behind the fender tab (image 2). This results in moving the front fender forward with less fender/tire clearance and the fender tab being bent when adjusting the light (image 3).

Of course, last year I followed the PDF guide with the front fender rubbing the tire, which started me on this frustrating journey with spacers, longer bolts, blood, sweat and tears. :mad:

Hopefully, Evelo will determine the best installation configuration (that maximizes tire/fender clearance) and ensures the assembly guide and video match. ;)

AtlasAssemblyVideo.png

AtlasAssemblyGuide.png

BentTab.png

Last edited:
Though trial & error here is what I ended up with. I don't have a good closeup picture of the attachment at the fork but I installed the light closest to the fender then added the spacer.

Attachments

• strut.jpg
    strut.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 140
Holy cow.... If it doesn't fit one way, try the other!

Back