Are we crazy or what !

LeisureLife

We are 60 years young and live in Livermore wine country ( SF Bay area ) and after an hiatus of 43 years are getting into biking. We rented an ebike in Napa a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the day on the bike trails.

Having no knowledge about ebikes at all - Got all excited and did very little bit of research on the web, ( found EBR community after deciding to pull the trigger) and pulled the trigger to buy a DOST DROP for my wife & a DOST KOPE for myself, both with extra batteries. I wish I had found the EBR community before deciding, but on the other hand so much wonderful info on EBR - I would get more confused. We are hoping we made the right decision. Delivery is in Feb 2021 - Can't wait . We are going to look for bike groups in the area that enjoy the same Leisure lifestyle and hopefully enjoy many rides. Maybe even join a DOST bike owners group or club, if there is one in the area.

Our aim is to do leisure rides safely, do the bike trails nearby and then venture out driving to other parts nearby & far. I Realized that to leave the area , we would require a bike rack, we bought that from DOST - and a few accessories. Then found out the car that we would need to have a receiver hitch on to put the rack- a receiver that the car dealership wants $1350.00 to install. We have decided to wait.

Our area is shut down from COVID-19 and we wanted to do some safe outdoor activities. Was so juiced & excited about riding that I could not wait until Feb 2021 & thought that instead of the bike rack, why don't we get a folding bike to travel - so ordered a Jupiter X5 from Costco. It arrives in 2-3 days from now. Our idea is that we can fold the bikes & travel with them in back of the minivan ( we are thinking no rack is needed) . If this works, we can order another simple folding ebike for the wife. The cost would be approximately the same as the Receiver. This way for local rides we would use the DOST bikes and for the travel rides - the folding bikes. What do you think?

Right now feeling like a little kid on Christmas night.

Looking forward to enjoy the adventures, joys of riding and even the small mishaps that will happen.

Are we crazy or what !!!

nope...at least not about e-bikes anyways... ;)

Last edited:
Getting anything done at a car dealership is going to be really expensive. Any hitch shop and most automotive garages will install a hitch for MUCH less money.

We are 60 years young and live in Livermore wine country ( SF Bay area ) and after an hiatus of 43 years are getting into biking. We rented an ebike in Napa a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the day on the bike trails.

Having no knowledge about ebikes at all - Got all excited and did very little bit of research on the web, ( found EBR community after deciding to pull the trigger) and pulled the trigger to buy a DOST DROP for my wife & a DOST KOPE for myself, both with extra batteries. I wish I had found the EBR community before deciding, but on the other hand so much wonderful info on EBR - I would get more confused. We are hoping we made the right decision. Delivery is in Feb 2021 - Can't wait . We are going to look for bike groups in the area that enjoy the same Leisure lifestyle and hopefully enjoy many rides. Maybe even join a DOST bike owners group or club, if there is one in the area.

Our aim is to do leisure rides safely, do the bike trails nearby and then venture out driving to other parts nearby & far. I Realized that to leave the area , we would require a bike rack, we bought that from DOST - and a few accessories. Then found out the car that we would need to have a receiver hitch on to put the rack- a receiver that the car dealership wants $1350.00 to install. We have decided to wait.

Our area is shut down from COVID-19 and we wanted to do some safe outdoor activities. Was so juiced & excited about riding that I could not wait until Feb 2021 & thought that instead of the bike rack, why don't we get a folding bike to travel - so ordered a Jupiter X5 from Costco. It arrives in 2-3 days from now. Our idea is that we can fold the bikes & travel with them in back of the minivan ( we are thinking no rack is needed) . If this works, we can order another simple folding ebike for the wife. The cost would be approximately the same as the Receiver. This way for local rides we would use the DOST bikes and for the travel rides - the folding bikes. What do you think?

Right now feeling like a little kid on Christmas night.

Looking forward to enjoy the adventures, joys of riding and even the small mishaps that will happen.

Are we crazy or what !!!
How do you like your Jupiter Discovery x5 so far ? Looks like a nice light folding bike.

Back