Archon light adapter?

vincent

Haven’t contacted pushkar about this, not sure there is a solution yet and feel like they are really busy with other stuff

Has anyone else built wiring or programmed stuff etc so the front and rear lights work using the archon controller?

I say this without having my bike yet, so a large grain of salt is healthy here...

The main issues we seem to have are with the current available on the lighting circuit (although I can't find specs for the lighting circuit anywhere) and the lack of wire routing options for a rear light on the Hydra.

To bypass that limitation, I've picked up an Anderson tap (to pull power from the main battery circuit) and a bar mounted light switch for the front light, and a battery powered smart rear light/alarm.

Assuming it's all compatible and that my bike ever arrives, I'm planning on posting a build log.

This may be of interest…..
-BB

will be anxious to follow your build, I have lights wired in that came with my bike, think they were working before I put the archon in here although the front or lezyne macro 1000 never worked at full brightness

Rear is a light and motion..

Mine is the titanium frame bike not the hydra

I would really like to get these working

Was under the impression innotrace or somebody was going to make an adapter but maybe that never happened, I’ll shoot pushkar an email also

I'll say this about integrated light solutions from experience - more wires to run/deal with when trouble shooting, added load on the battery, potential for bad things to happen if there's any electrical feedback issue. I think as long as the connection is fused and there's a diode in there then not as big of a danger - and I know these nicer lights are much safer on that end. It's hard to tell how exactly the light module works but my guess is it's taking the light output signal to turn on a relay, you hook up the XT30 connector to a power source, and then the other XT30 gives you 12V for a light to tap into. My take aways from this...

Still uses an external power source unless your battery has an extra XT30 output on it, basically allows you to use the switch on your ebike display to turn on the light. I prefer separate power sources for the sake of redundancy (your battery dies prematurely on a night ride and now you are without power and in the dark) but then tying the operation of that switch via the display/controller kind of moots that benefit. If the light module could run a headlight with high beam signal, and a tail light with a brake signal - then it would be worth the expense & the trouble of running wires and getting it set up properly and work incredibly well with the fancy Supernova lights.

This is what I currently use - no wires, no grief, can come off of the bike very easily and is under $20 Blitzu 168T - mine is like 6 years old and those bare red emitters are really intense
1645577326569.png

front I currently have a Lumintop B01 for greenway/street riding where I know there will be oncoming traffic - under $40 with the included 2600mAh 18650
1645577727904.png

new models have USB C charging (upgraded from micro) and it's got a decent run time with a 21700 in it - 5 hours at this output (high) - note this photo makes it like slightly warmer than it really is, but it's around the 4000K CCT area. This site has several lights to compare - not a huge amount but the setup is done very well https://bikelightcheckers.com/en/
1645577821355.png

My battery box plans, frame/fork bumper, and speed sensor mount are all sent off for printing so now I can shift focus to the next step - printing a 'universal' light bracket & 4x21700 XT30 case so I can use more serious flashlight heads for when I'm out riding single track and don't want to be lion food. The universal system will be a 'yoke' that fits light-specific adapters. I'll only be using the head of the flashlight so the adapter will consist of a piece that screws into the head and has contacts & the wire with XT30 to hook up to the battery box, and the external connection points of the adapter will fit the yoke. The way the yoke will fit into the bike allows for yaw adjustment where the adapter's connection point to the yok will allow for pitch adjustment. The right light in the picture is about as bright as a pair of vehicle high beams with about the same reach, the left one has options for floodier optics (individual TIR lenses on each emitter so mix & match, the manufacturer also has a wide selection of emitters and will mix and match for a balance of throw & flood at request) - not my picture but here's a drone shot of the light from another user/reviewer
1645578388141.png
1645578582832.png

sorry to hijack the thread - my rant is over. I'm just excited for the next step, really eager for my X1 to arrive already!

Lol, I think you have a good point on all of that

Definitely hoping that Inno trace sets up a reliable system for this, I’m certainly not looking to make problems

And I should be clear that I run a minimum of three headlights and three tail lights on the bikes at all times and all the others are removable rechargeable ones and they work great

but I also never run my batteries down low - so using some battery for lights is not a problem and I like having that back up
I’m more likely to run my rechargeable lights down than my wired ones

Back