Anyone tried a Bolton Ebike in the wild?

I just discovered Bolton Ebikes thanks to owner Kyle's video breaking down the supposed 750 watt motor on the Rad Rover. He also sells a seemingly well-spec'd fat bike (1,000 watt mid-drive, $2400). I'm curious if anyone has ridden one of these IRL. The price is quite tempting! Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but the Bolton brand doesn't show up in the brand forums. In any case, I am liking his videos, very informative and well made.

https://boltonebikes.com/

I just discovered Bolton Ebikes thanks to owner Kyle's video breaking down the supposed 750 watt motor on the Rad Rover. He also sells a seemingly well-spec'd fat bike (1,000 watt mid-drive, $2400). I'm curious if anyone has ridden one of these IRL. The price is quite tempting! Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but the Bolton brand doesn't show up in the brand forums. In any case, I am liking his videos, very informative and well made.

https://boltonebikes.com/

I had something very similar on Ali-express or Made In China websites. There are tons of options. That bike, if you purchase in 50+ container pieces, $1000 or something.
The bike you mentioned has a cadence sensor. here is a better version of that.... looks like a hybrid between Juiced Rip Current +Biktrix + Some ultra drive.

https://sevenone.en.made-in-china.c...na-Powerful-Fat-E-Bike-with-Middle-Motor.html

These Bolton Fat bikes look pretty awesome some nice components for $1999.

1570290966478.png

I have the 1000 watt mid drive on back order. so far they have been extremely helpful and it appears to be a great value as well.

I think after watching the Bolton videos that there bikes are probably a good bike and you can probably order your bike to your liking where many you can't. I see Bolton is sold out for there fall model in the 26" models, so if waiting is what you choose to do and not be riding, then I would wait for what I want. Bolton looks like a garage operation to me, but I'm just looking at videos and what I see, not saying you won't get a nice bike, just be aware that garage operations can go under anytime, or may become a world leader someday.

Anyone end up with one of these? The videos look great, but I am skeptical until I see a number of independent reviews.

I have had mine a few months. Great power I ride in the sand a lot. On level 2 you feel like you are pedaling on blacktop it pedals that easy. So far I have not found anything I don't like. I took the front fender off because of sticks and weeds getting stuck in between the tire and fender. I have a trailer I pull with the bike and it works great

Reactions: JB1
I have had mine a few months. Great power I ride in the sand a lot. On level 2 you feel like you are pedaling on blacktop it pedals that easy. So far I have not found anything I don't like. I took the front fender off because of sticks and weeds getting stuck in between the tire and fender. I have a trailer I pull with the bike and it works great
Which model do you have?

Back