Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

June is in the books. I didn't do so well - only 12 days on the bike. I learned a few things about a folding bike for travel. If I am going to travel with a folder it needs to be one which requires a small amount of assembly. My Dahon requires the removal of the both tires, the 3 speed control skewer, and you have to take the seat off the seat post, to fit the bike into the suitcase. Even though none of this is hard it takes time and I used it as an excuse to go out to dinner instead! I think this is a real advantage of the brompton bikes. They are fully assembled in the travel case.

Oh well on to July I am a 100% as of today. Shooting for 31 days on the bike this month.

Happy 4th of July to all our Community and Happy Trails to Team EBR! go ride some miles, everybody :D

image.jpg Hi, Team!!
Hey Mr. Kilowatt , boy I got you now!!
Pedal, petal, Pedal. Giddy up Go!!
Keep safe all ; drink alot of water.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Thank you Ann.!!
What a difference a year makes!
Last year I rode 63 miles on my birthday , one for every year.
Yesterday day I only rode 16.... Oh, how nice it is to be young again !!!!image.jpg
Keep safe and looking up! Ken.

Mr . Grench , you are doing good.
You should of raced that train. And showed him what Team EBR is all about!!

Last edited:
Hey KenM.:
Wowzer man; where'd you come from? (You just did a horizon job on me.)
Happy belated birthday too.
I've got a question for you: If I'm as old as dirt, what are you as old as?
Go Team EBR!
(Especially KenM. who clearly kicks a** and takes names.)
Allen

Hi, Mr. Kilowatt , You better start pedaling !!!
My wife got the shingles virus in May, so I could not get much riding in. But the blisters are gone now, and the pain is better controlled now with the right pills. So I can ride a little more now!!
That Shingels is one bad plague!! A Very Lot of PAIN!!!

About your age!!! Youg'en!!!
When GOD said let there be light .
He truned to me and said= Ok Ken,flip the switch.
Ok all keep safe and cool! Drink plenty of water!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Ok, Mr. Grench !!
I know you will ride today, one way or the other!!
That will make every day this month!!
For a man that travels as much as you do , that makes you the winner for this month, as far as I see it!! Good riding!!
Keep safe, have fun!! Pedal, pedal, Pedal. Giddy up Go!!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Ok, Mr. Grench !!
I know you will ride today, one way or the other!!
That will make every day this month!!
For a man that travels as much as you do , that makes you the winner for this month, as far as I see it!! Good riding!!
Keep safe, have fun!! Pedal, pedal, Pedal. Giddy up Go!!
Keep looking up! Ken.
@KenM. I have been pedaling my butt off trying to catch you...no luck I am out classed.

Anyway I just finished today's ride - hauled my bike to church and rode home. By the Lords blessing I was able to ride everyday this month. I did have a few weak contributions but rode everyday none the less. Here is today's ride.

https://www.strava.com/activities/659859868

August should be interesting I have to go to Europe this month. I am going to try and rent a Brompton and see how I like it for travel days. One thing I know for sure I bring smiles to all the people who see me riding a small folding bike!!!

Who is up for the Everyday in August challenge. We need to catch @KenM.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 348
I wish I could do everyday challenge but my weekends are spent doing other outdoor sports like sea kayaking and hiking so there is no realistic chance I could be on a bike every day in August.

@Brambor RE: right. as long as is pedal assist it legal at the bikechallenge.org

Sorry for being a little dense here...Is there some debate as to legality?

not in our group. Sorry. I might have misunderstood your original question when you mentioned assist and manual. Outside of our group there is a bias against ebikes but I haven't really seen it manifested at the bikechallenge.org so no worries.

actually last year it specifically mentioned that pedal assisted e bikes are OK. I haven't looked this year.

here it is:
DO MY MILES ON THE TRAINER COUNT?
Miles pedaled on a trainer, stationary bike, or throttle-assisted electric bicycle are not eligible to be logged in the National Bike Challenge. Miles traveled on a pedal-assisted electric bicycle (devices that provide assistance only when the bicyclist is pedaling) may be recorded in the National Bike Challenge. We recognize that pedal-assisted electric bicycles open the world of bicycling to people who may not be able to ride a traditional bicycle due to fitness, age, or disability. They can also provide a gateway to the use of traditional bicycles. These devices are consistent with the primary objective of the National Bike Challenge, which are to encourage bicycling and promote the health, economic, and environmental benefits that accompany the use of bicycles for recreation and transportation.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Hey Mr. Kilowatt . Where you are?
Hope all is well. Mr. Grench is taking your place in hot pursuit.
Keep safe all. Keep looking up! Ken.

Back