Anyone have experience de-restricting class 1 bike?

ok, new Fat Tire Bosch Cx bike will be my Holiday present. It's Class 1 after me riding my Class 3 FullSeven S Pro for the past 2 years. It will have the Purion controller and if/when I install the Bikespeed RS are there any issues with the Purion vs Intuvia vs Nyon controllers? TIA for answers.

I have the badass box dongle but my Haibike has a yamaha motor.. It took 10 seconds to "install" and can be removed just as quickly. I don't know if it would set off the tampering alert on the Bosch. It works as advertised but realize the speed on your display will show only half of what it really is.. I only use it when I'm riding secondary roads with long straight sections where I want the extra assist for faster riding. It's so easy to use the box and no opening up the motor which is what appealed to me. The loss of accurate speed and distance info is annoying though.

I have the badass box dongle but my Haibike has a yamaha motor.. It took 10 seconds to "install" and can be removed just as quickly. I don't know if it would set off the tampering alert on the Bosch. It works as advertised but realize the speed on your display will show only half of what it really is.. I only use it when I'm riding secondary roads with long straight sections where I want the extra assist for faster riding. It's so easy to use the box and no opening up the motor which is what appealed to me. The loss of accurate speed and distance info is annoying though.

Yeah, my buddy who recommended it has Yamaha power, that's why I'm asking here.
He's had such a great experience that I've gone for it.
My Black Friday FatTire Bike arrived and is in being built.
Bosch Performance CX with MTB mode.
Badass dongle is ordered and should arrive next week when the bike is built.
I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa. lol

It is nice to have assist past 20mph but it's not all that awesome because over 20mph the wind resistance is enough of a factor to make it difficult to go much faster. That being said, on a flat road or downhill w/ no wind or a tailwind you can ride above 20mph and really cover some ground in a hurry, easily maintaining a 20+mph pace which is impossible when the assist cuts out at 20 as a class one bike. The badass box eliminates the 20mph brick wall. I'm still learning the range of my bike and not having accurate mileage and speed info makes it difficult however I usually ride w/ my wife so I just rely on her odometer info. It's weird because up to about 8mph or so your speedometer will read normal but over 8mph you can see it suddenly get cut in half.

Back