Anyone have a FREY EX?

JBANKY

I just ordered my new FREY EX...I should get it in about 90 days....I am just looking to connect with other EX owners to share insights and potential upgrades and or issues with the bike....thanks Jeff

Hello there. My first post here.

My name is Gonzalo. I ordered a matt black EX Pro a while ago. I don't like the colour much but I wanted it to be discreet to be honest.

I actually ordered an Am1000 on the first place. The delay caused by the fuxxxxx awful Covid made me have second thoughts and finally decided to go with EX which makes more sense to me since I like and enjoy Enduro riding.( This change was just a few days before they would start making my AM 1000, so I've waited 2 lines on a row). Also have little kids and plan to use it to commute now and then or getting some groceries every once in a while so I asked to add rear rack, lights and those things that should never ever be mounted on an Enduro bicycle... Wait, what??XD

A few days ago Frey sent me some pictures telling me my bike is about to be (train) shipped. So, keep waiting. I guess that's my thing, uh.

Frey attention is been good so far. Nothing more than some language misunderstandings to worry about.

Also talked to Simon (@Sinbord1981 )a few months ago and even though it didn't work out because we live in different countries was both hugely kind and helpful with the infinite amount of doubts I guess we all have before throwing this amount of money to the other side of the planet in exchange to an "unknown" bike and brand. I thank him about his great attention. Also Frey as well.

Hope to tell you my thoughts about the EX in no more then than 40 or 50 long days...

This thing is yet an experiment for me and must admit that won't be relaxed and happy until get the bike and see with my own eyes they're as good as almost everyone claims them to be

Take care

PD: a little "worry" about the fact one disk brake is mounted the opposite direction. (believe the front one is backwards)
I don't care to reinstall a disk brake (actually I think I will throw some galfers there anyway, but I guess this triggers up some doubts on me about quality test or assembly control as they answered me back telling me they're well mounted...

I guess I'll check the whole bike before riding it just in case.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 1,770
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 1,630
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 2,199
Last edited:
Looks great in matte black with the black decals! I think if I could do it over again I'd get the EX over the CC due to the dual battery option. There is no place to put a spare battery on the CC other than the rack which is unsprung weight.

Thank you!!

When I say I don't like it I am probably not telling the truth. Is not that I don't like it matt black, but I originally had thinking about a different color for my first ebike, like fluor orange, yellow, or red. XD

I pretend to get a CC some time soon for my wife if the EX makes us happy enough

a little "worry" about the fact one disk brake is mounted the opposite direction. (believe the front one is backwards)
Gonzalo, why do you think your front brake is mounted the opposite direction? Your's is mounted in the same way as all Frey EXs?!

Aaah, I see what you mean, I wasn't looking at the rotor, I was looking at the caliper........
Did you discuss this with Ivy?

Gonzalo, why do you think your front brake is mounted the opposite direction? Your's is mounted in the same way as all Frey EXs?!

See attached pic
PD: they sent me an email telling me they've already taken care of it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200616-120913~2.png
    Screenshot_20200616-120913~2.png
    824.9 KB · Views: 781
  • 1592284398903_2.jpg
    1592284398903_2.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 833
I'm eagerly awaiting my new EX too! Only ordered the bike a week ago so quite a wait ahead of me yet. Hopefully it will arrive before summer ends!

Hello to everyone.
I also joined the club of the anxiously waiting for their EX bikes. Mine on the line is a basic version, dark blue color with a dropper seatpost upgrade.
Many thanks to Simon for his input and for answering any questions regarding the Frey e-bikes before pulling the tiger. The ordering process was smooth, with Ivy responding promptly to my emails before making the payment of the invoice through Alibaba.
I hope that everybody will be happy with their bikes when they arrive and hopefully have the backing up of Frey if any problem emerges.

Also,

I'm planning to upgrade cranks once I get the bike home and know I already read about some Miranda's somewhere but don't remember model and also offset. Does anyone know what are proper numbers for the EX cranks? I'd like to try them way shorter, I was planning to go with 155mm or so cranks.
Thanks.

Also does anyone know top size of 29" front wheel compatible? There is
another experiment

Also,

I'm planning to upgrade cranks once I get the bike home and know I already read about some Miranda's somewhere but don't remember model and also offset. Does anyone know what are proper numbers for the EX cranks? I'd like to try them way shorter, I was planning to go with 155mm or so cranks.
Thanks.

Also does anyone know top size of 29" front wheel compatible? There is
another experiment
I bought some hope ebike cranks...don't know if they will fit...I have to wait till I get my bike...nice cranks though..165mm

Just ordered mine 3 months to make and a month to ship, the Eggrider V2 looks like a decent upgrade there only £80 and can reprogramme the Bafang Ultra from your phone

For those with the 2 batteries version, does it still run without the top battery? How does it look like with the empty battery tray?

For those with the 2 batteries version, does it still run without the top battery? How does it look like with the empty battery tray?

yes it will run with the single integrated battery, there is also a battery cover you can purchase.

Attachments

• BC1.jpg
    BC1.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 990
  • BC2.jpg
    BC2.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,123
  • BC3.jpg
    BC3.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 1,136
For those that are interested, I have attached the pricing and specs that I found out before deciding which one I wanted...

Attachments

• bafang-dpc18-display-user-manual.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 912
  • FREY AM1000 5.0 Price scheme of 2020 .pdf
    201 KB · Views: 870
  • FREY EX advanced specs and prices base on different quantity.pdf
    155.1 KB · Views: 665
  • FREY EX Elite with internal battery.pdf
    140.5 KB · Views: 810
  • FREY EX Pro dual battery.pdf
    521.6 KB · Views: 1,085
  • FREY M600 2.0 specs and price. 10.24(1).pdf