Anyone have a FREY EX?

They all play these games. You will get your bike and it will be great. I know the wait is a drag but things are really really effed up. There are container ships stacked up like san pan fishing boats off the S Cal. coast. They can't ship your bike till they know it can get off-loaded. I know the bike is worth waiting for because I have a Frey Bike. An AM1000. It is a gas. And built really well. It took over 8 months to get here from initial order by Bolton Ebikes. HANG ON ! 👍

An update. I received my bike yesterday. It took a lot longer than I expected. The Shipper stated that a label was created for 2+ months and then tracking was available 2 days before the bike arrived. Allen wrench tool and a hat were in the box, which was a nice surprise. I waited 7 months after ordering the bike. Opportunity cost of waiting is high, but the first ride was fun.

I received my Frey Ex last week and and I'm wondering if there is a hub spacer missing on the back hub next to the derailleur. I know the front wheel came with two spacers but i only see one on the back. Would you happen to know?
I answered this a few days ago but evidently I forgot to post it. DUH. There is a 2mm space (washer) between the dropout and the cassette on my AM 1000 but nothing like the front spacers. There IS what looks like it could be a spacer on the disc brake side but IDK. Never had my rear wheel off yet. What looks like a spacer could be part of the hub. 🤔

Last edited:
Hi,

got a couple of questions about the Frey EX,
I have a BBSHD Bike atm with 2 52V 16Ah Batteries, pretty good actually but I want a second bike with more than 120mm travel wider tires and best case a big battery so I dont have to carry the spare one.

I already wrote Frey and they only told me that EX is only Available in 2x 48V14Ah.
Since I have 2 Hailong 52V Batteries already it would be great to use that but it would only work with a 52V intube battery.
Any of you know if there is a battery available in 52V that would fit that frame?
Worst case I would use the 14AH intube and possible a 48V17,5Ah Battery.
I've seen a photo where it looks like Frey has the Square Connectors to the Battery not the Round ones I have anyone can confirm this?

Anyway I will not be able to purchase this bike right now but I haven't found a real competitor who gives me the longer travel plus tires
dual battery.

I don't know if a 52V battery that will fit this frame. I do however feel more secure knowing that the Frey Ex has an additional battery attached to the frame. I've tried riding with only the one battery and have to limit the amount of throttle and distance that I use. With 2 batteries being used, I can eliminate any worries that i will run out of power.

The charging connectors are round.

FREY has recently introduced the Beast that comes with a 52V battery.

My EX Advanced shipped last week. It'll probably be more than 2 more months but I'm stoked!

I'm pretty sure that the Beast is 60v.

Any updates from EX owners out there?

Frey EX Pre-Ship.jpg

Frey EX Shipping.jpg

Back