Any Trekkers have their battery lock cease to function?

I know there are some folks who’ve had their batteries fall out but I’m curious if anyone has had their battery lock refuse to unlock, making it impossible to remove your battery?
Hiya...
I've got an Allant+ 8, and my battery lock is fernickety. Usually it works OK, then it will take 4 or 5 attempts to unlock, and once it didn't want to let me put the battery back in. I've always been surprised that I have to turn the key to get the battery back in - on my wife's Trek TM4+ she just pushes the battery home and it clicks locked.

I'll try the lubing people recommend here. Is it a case of lubing the lock from the imside of the battery case, or down through the keyhole?

Cheers, John

Hiya...
I've got an Allant+ 8, and my battery lock is fernickety. Usually it works OK, then it will take 4 or 5 attempts to unlock, and once it didn't want to let me put the battery back in. I've always been surprised that I have to turn the key to get the battery back in - on my wife's Trek TM4+ she just pushes the battery home and it clicks locked.

I'll try the lubing people recommend here. Is it a case of lubing the lock from the imside of the battery case, or down through the keyhole?

Cheers, John
I’d call your Trek guy and see if the can adjust it for you under warranty. My guy got my battery out and adjusted in less than 2 hours, no lube was needed and it’s worked perfectly since.

Hiya...

Cheers, John
both spray in the key hole also then the the lock part on the bike.

related to locks and allants, the bike dealer we bough it from said that the key can be used to "lock" the bike. We understock this to mean it was like a car, you can turn if off and the power switch won't work. He appears to have been mistaken. btw -- we know that you have to also use an adequate lock so never thought the key was the only security you needed. that would have been a nice feature! thanks for the confirmation.

related to locks and allants, the bike dealer we bough it from said that the key can be used to "lock" the bike. We understock this to mean it was like a car, you can turn if off and the power switch won't work. He appears to have been mistaken. btw -- we know that you have to also use an adequate lock so never thought the key was the only security you needed. that would have been a nice feature! thanks for the confirmation.
Hi FawnRidge - you actually can get a lock from ABUS that uses the same key as the battery. My bike came with a card that has a code where you can order bike locks that match your battery key. Abus.com/yourplus The site is actually in German, but does explain that fact.

got it -- was planning on doing that. but just wanted to confirm that the trek dealer mis-spoke when he said "you can lock your bike with this key by essentially locking the battery off". that would have been nice right?

Back