Any RadRover contributors out there ?

@Vraust Hopefully they will be more prepared for other backers from our area in the world now that they've gone through (or rather, are doing it still - no word yet on the bike) the problems with shipping my bike (more correctly, the battery).

Looking to replace the kickstand. I use the RadRover mostly with a trailer, and don't think the current kickstand is going to work out. Suggestions? Not looking for anything that bolts to the chainstay tubes, worried about bending.

Anybody else order the Big O fenders; I ordered them from Rad Rover but have not heard anything about the fenders since.
120 miles so far, no problems. 40 miles this weekend while camping, mostly on gravel and river silt. Dirty but still loving the ride. Looking forward to the fenders arriving...
Phrodos, Let the folks at RadRover know I am amiable to hand carrying your bike for the cost of transportation to and from...

I ordered custom Big O fenders for my Fatbike last autumn and it took a week or two for them to be made. It's a relatively small operation as far as I know so a large influx of Rad and Sondors orders would probably take some time to fulfill.

Hi, due to prohibitive shipping/tax costs sending to Germany, I’d like to pass on my white RR scheduled for Seattle delivery at the end of the month as part of batch 6.

Corrected Price: USD1095 via Paypal only!

Interested? Pls write to roverrad(at)yahoo.com, first come first serve.
Color: white

Last edited:
seems like such a long wait for the second batch to arrive. they are saying around the week of the 17th August.
anyone want to update us on their thoughts about battery life, adjusted review now that you've had the bike for a while,
performance on a steep grade, thoughts on total distance....

did the battery suddenly jump down a few notches especially when low and on hills?

how long did you ride it before re charging? every night? a few days?

anyone trick out their bike? was it all that and a bag of chips? any disappointments?

Thanks

Latest update from Ty about my bike still sitting in Seattle (a month now) because of the problems with shipping the battery to Norway:

"Our last test was rejected by FedEx, we are now in the process of working with a rep at DHL, as soon as we know more we will let you know ASAP!"

Latest update from Ty about my bike still sitting in Seattle (a month now) because of the problems with shipping the battery to Norway:

"Our last test was rejected by FedEx, we are now in the process of working with a rep at DHL, as soon as we know more we will let you know ASAP!"
I'm fairly sure it was DHL that delivered my battery from the UK to Norway so hopefully your problems are over.

I'm fairly sure it was DHL that delivered my battery from the UK to Norway so hopefully your problems are over.

Yeah, and it's been DHL I have been hinting at being the best at delivering to Norway too. Never had any problems with them with anything, really.

px, Vr,
I am also 6' 3", batch 2, I am not that worried about fit but I would like to know the frame size? I would also like to know what hub motor that is.. When you get a chance.. Great mods by the way.. wish I had something to mod...

This is a great resource.. Longer seat post for sure
http://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-to...tf8=✓&u=in&r=man&h=1905.0&i=863.6&b=Calculate

Mike (the campaign owner) has discussed the motor over at endless sphere previously, the details are located in the following thread (not too many posts, the thread is a good read for the bike!):

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=68212

just got mine as well. with extra battery :D just going to keep going till its dead. then head back with the back up. (invoice. not bike) shipping out next week hopefully

Yeah, and it's been DHL I have been hinting at being the best at delivering to Norway too. Never had any problems with them with anything, really.
So, what's the delivery status? Hopefully, you're quiet because you're out enjoying your new bike.

So, what's the delivery status? Hopefully, you're quiet because you're out enjoying your new bike.

Nothing. Quiet overall. Kind of losing my enthusiasm now, I have to say. I'm a pretty optimistic and easy going guy, but this gets me down now. I've been so psyched about this bike and was SO looking forward to using it nowadays, because this month I have to bike up a long steep hill everyday for rehearsals and doing shows at night. The RadRover was gonna make that so much fun. Now it's just...meh. I'm amazed at how difficult sending a battery would be. I mean; We don't make any batteries in this country, as far as I know, and we kind of use a lot of them...

Phrodo,
I'll be in Seattle this Thursday picking up 2 RR's from batch 2... If appropriate, I will ask (in a nice way) about your bike and the "Norway problem"... unless you say nay!

Last edited:
Back