Any RadRover contributors out there ?

Have an issue with UPS as well. My bike is sitting in Seattle still. Almost feeling bad for the RR-guys now, Ty has expressed deep frustration after weeks of this, so I'm revealing the last email here, just so that you can see how dedicated these guys are:

"I really can't even begin to tell you how sorry/frustrated I am with this process...as I said before, we will make this up to you!
The issue is now they are saying that the size of the box coupled with the fact that it is hazmat is an issue shipping to Norway. I promise that your order is literally our number one shipping priority right now.
I know that this has gone on much longer than was expected, and again, you have been unbelievably patient through this process. We have a call scheduled with multiple reps tomorrow to discuss other options, I will email you the second we get off the phone with them!"

Last edited:
Have an issue with UPS as well. My bike is sitting in Seattle still. Almost feeling bad for the RR-guys now, Ty has expressed deep frustration with me after weeks of this, so I'm revealing the last email here, just so that you can see how dedicated these guys are:

"I really can't even begin to tell you how sorry/frustrated I am with this process...as I said before, we will make this up to you!
The issue is now they are saying that the size of the box coupled with the fact that it is hazmat is an issue shipping to Norway. I promise that your order is literally our number one shipping priority right now.
I know that this has gone on much longer than was expected, and again, you have been unbelievably patient through this process. We have a call scheduled with multiple reps tomorrow to discuss other options, I will email you the second we get off the phone with them!"
Ah, so it's actually the battery that they have issues with then?

@Adrian Yeah, it would seem so. And I'm guessing strict Norwegian import rules are playing their part.
I'm really curious if the Norwegian customs has an issue with the bike and if so, with what exactly, as I've toyed with the idea of importing a much more powerful bike from Germany.

@Adrian Me too, but haven't been that worried about that part of it, really. It's using it that is the real worry for me, if any. Planning to use it very carefully and set the max to 25 kph (though my current bike maxes out on 28-29, which is within the legal range). But cannot see this being a problem, if there doesn't show up more powerful bikes being used carelessly. So that is a subtle urge from me. ;-)

@Adrian Me too, but haven't been that worried about that part of it, really. It's using it that is the real worry for me, if any. Planning to use it very carefully and set the max to 25 kph (though my current bike maxes out on 28-29, which is within the legal range). But cannot see this being a problem, if there doesn't show up more powerful bikes being used carelessly. So that is a subtle urge from me. ;-)
Well, customs didn't have an issue with a 750w motor being imported but then it wasn't attached to a bike. ;)

Surely, this can't be the 1st complete ebike imported to Norway... and don't call me Shirley... (Naked Gun)

The sad thing is the RR team are doing the right thing labeling these as hazmat deliverables, meanwhile UPS employees treat the package as any other (trash), and likely wouldn't give a rip about hazmat up until the point of a real fire.

Maybe it just wouldn't be cost effective, but I wonder if they have considered shipping the battery separately?

"We chipping away at it. Norway's law regarding shipping hazmat is far more rigorous than any other country that we have encountered, but after talking with shipping today, I really do think we are close."

Hi there, backer from 4th batch here.

Eagerly waiting for my bike, but a bit concerned due to the issues with 1st batch bikes. My optimistic guess for the delivery date was at the end of august. Now it seems that the 4th batch will be shipped by then, but I guess that delivery to EU will take like a month or so. Sooo, expecting that the bike will arrive to Finland at the end of september / first half of october. I hope that customs in Finland aren't as tricky as in Norway.

With the shipping & taxes the bike costs me like 2x the price - that's around 2k€, but it's still way cheaper than any other e-fatbike around here. I would have wanted the premium fenders, but due to shipping and taxes they would have costed just too much. So, went for SKS Grand M.O.M. and SKS Grand D.A.D instead (~40€ total).

Other concerns? Hmm, I hope that the bike is not too small for me, since I'm 191cm / 95kg (that's around 6'3" / 209 lbs). Read some positive feedback from big guys previously though, helped a bit.
And I hope the bike performs well in freezing hell known as finnish winter.

@Vraust the frame will fit you fine. I'm 5 11 and found the front end a bit tall before I swapped out the fork. I do have the seat post pretty high, and the post itself is a relatively short one, so you may need to get a longer post, but I would wait until the bike arrives to make that decision.

@Vraust the frame will fit you fine. I'm 5 11 and found the front end a bit tall before I swapped out the fork. I do have the seat post pretty high, and the post itself is a relatively short one, so you may need to get a longer post, but I would wait until the bike arrives to make that decision.

px, Vr,
I am also 6' 3", batch 2, I am not that worried about fit but I would like to know the frame size? I would also like to know what hub motor that is.. When you get a chance.. Great mods by the way.. wish I had something to mod...

This is a great resource.. Longer seat post for sure
http://www.ebicycles.com/bicycle-to...tf8=✓&u=in&r=man&h=1905.0&i=863.6&b=Calculate

Back