Any RadMini people out there

Would still be cool to get a e-bike meetup of some sort!

I forgot that I almost always have my dog with me. She probably saves me from the snide or idiot comments.

Attachments

• lolodc.jpg
    lolodc.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 584
going out after work today to ride on the trail by 530, Sat is too many Honey dos to commit but Sunday looks awesome all day, anytime

@opimax If the weather holds out I would love to join you. If not, I could ride all day Sunday as well. My fenders arrive Monday so I want to dodge any precipitation until then lol.

hoping for some radmini owner updates?

considering getting another small folder for friends to ride and looking at the radmini

the weight concerns me for loading on the bike rack etc but love the fat tires, battery and motor on it

but would like to hear some feedback from others on reliability etc

thank you

I was waiting for some newcomers to comment, since I've said a lot. I think that other than the issue with the controller, which was hopefully limited to the early releases, yes, it is reliable. I've still only got 150 miles but ride it frequently and love it. I have about 75 miles since installing the improved controller and so far, so good. I think any e-bike owner should know how to do basic bicycle tune ups or be willing to get a factory shipped ebike tuned up at a local LBS. Too many people have unrealistic expectations for a bike that arrives via UPS.

It's heavy, but if you're familiar with fat bikes it shouldn't be a surprise. When I put the bike on my repair stand to tune the brakes or whatever, I remove the battery and seat and it's not horrible.
But, you say "another small folder." This bike is not small. What are you comparing it to?

It's a pretty big bike that happens to fold. In addition to the tires it is built beefy and is unlike your normal 20" folding bike. When people see it, they have no idea it folds. The only thing people notice is the tires.

Kinda... 12-15 pounds heavier and much bulkier. Also a lot more powerful. My rough measurement of the wheelbase was 42 inches (same as an average mountain bike); what is the mariner's wheelbase? Look at the extra length of the bike from the battery bay area. This makes the Radmini ride like a tank, I can't even feel 20 lbs of cargo on the back, but it is not a sleek bike. I love it, but I don't think it's exactly comparable to the more svelte folders out there.

The Mariner looks really nice, If I needed a bike to toss in my trunk often that would be a better pick. For the Mini, the folding is more of a bonus feature, not something I would want to do every morning on a commute.

both my mariners are not here right now, will measure when i get one back
with the battery off the mariner is pretty manageable for lifting, and it folds nice and small

love that battery and motor and even though i would probably rarely fold it up would worry about lifting it onto my car rack

hopefully i will get a chance to see one in person at some point when more of them are out, they are such neat and useful looking "little" bikes lol

Apologies in advance if this is off topic, but this thread seemed as good a place as any to ask this question:

Curious to hear from Mini owners why they chose this model over the RadRover or the RadWagon. Was it the folding aspect of the bike? The footprint, the little wheels, the style?

that is a great question

i bought a used radrover yesterday and really loved it
was thinking i might need another fat bike- the question would be should i get a radmini or another radrover

interested to hear what replies you get

For me the choice was the Radmini vs the non-folding Juiced ODK. Both companies are reputable and I was interested in the utility of a "smaller" form factor with cargo capabilities, though both bikes are larger than your average 20" bike. The folding feature, torque, and the lower price were what did it for me. I wanted to be able to call an uber if I was stranded, and I have indeed used that feature. I loved the idea of fat tires when I bought it, and they are extremely comfortable and stable, but they come with their own drawbacks - weight and harder maintenance. The radmini's utilitarian looks definitely made an impression, too.The low center of gravity makes it super stable even with cargo, and the battery placement is perfect.

I think the Radwagon looks like a great bike, I gave it a lot of thought, but just didn't fall in love with it. Also, the Juiced can take an average adult passenger; that's awesome. The Radwagon is limited to children.

Never considered a Radrover, I wanted something that was more designed for utility - errands, commuting, etc.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks! That makes sense. I hope that Rad eventually makes a non-fat-bike that's under 55lbs (maximum weight allowed on the bike racks we've got on the front of Seattle's buses). Something like a the Sondors Thin but in the Rad style would be cool for city riding/commuting. Would also be easiest to bring into a house or apartment for storage.

RadWagon looks nice too, but cargo bikes aren't allowed on our light rail and it's also too big for the bus. RadRover as well. So I guess of the 3, the mini has the fewest downsides, as far as interacting with public transit, cabs, etc., in that one might be able to drag it on a bus or train in a pinch.

In your opinion, how convenient is it to fold up the bike?

It is very easy to fold. Carrying is another story, easier if you remove the battery and seat. The mini weighs at least 60 pounds, so no bus rack... There are some smaller folders that could be an option... A2B, voltbike urban, etc. Also the Juiced crosscurrent looks awesome, in a regular thin-tire form factor like the Sondors thin.

Yeah, I don't think the fat tires would fit on a bus rack either, even if the weight was lower. Juiced bike looks cool.

Hi everyone, I posted a new Radmini video including an attempt at onboard filming. There's not a whole lot of Radmini content out there so I'm trying to document.

Yesterday I placed my order for a black Radmini!

I thank the members of this thread as this helped me make the decision to get one. (I especially appreciated mbirds videos).
I plan to use the Radmini to get from my home to the train station and then the 5 miles from the other station to my office.

I will now read over these forums to start shopping for accessories. Any suggestions for accessories that I should have on day 1?

Thanks you again.

-Timothy Taylor

Back