any folder or e scooter for really steep hills?

I've taken my Blix Vika+ up 20% grades with no problem. Of course they weren't miles long (probably a half mile or so), but I was able to maintain 10-13MPH the whole time. It's a little out of the price range, but it climbs like a beast. I hit 36MPH on the decent before I decided to slow down a little.

you really think a rad is going up a 18% grade? when my bosch just makes it? its far more powerful then the rad and lighter too. the first road starts at 14 then to 16% the second is right at 18 to 20% I have to use turbo and I only make maybe 5mph on the steepest. no way a rad could do it it would curl up in a corner and whimper (G)

What Bosch do you have? I have a recent Bafang mid drive with "160 NM Torque" (FLX) which is WAY beyond the Euro drives' torque. Bosch and the other eurodrives are usually 250 watt hugely expensive mid drives with no torque. Even the Radmini hub drive would have more torque than I believe any Bosch. Which model is it and what torque does it have, that can climb hills?
I do agree my mid drive can take advantage of gears but I'm thinking the Radmini equals it.

What Bosch do you have? I have a recent Bafang mid drive with "160 NM Torque" (FLX) which is WAY beyond the Euro drives' torque. Bosch and the other eurodrives are usually 250 watt hugely expensive mid drives with no torque. Even the Radmini hub drive would have more torque than I believe any Bosch. Which model is it and what torque does it have, that can climb hills?
I do agree my mid drive can take advantage of gears but I'm thinking the Radmini equals it.
mine has 350 watts. but your mistaking how torque works between a mid drive and a hub drive. the rad mini is really only a 500 watt motor. but even if it was 750 it does not have the torque. I have passed many rads going uphill nothing like doing 26mph passing them. I have taken it up 20% grades though thats work have done so on or bosch powered tandem though its hard. my bosch puts out 65nm of torque and with bosch they don't fudge the numbers. the 4th gen does even more. but when you add in the gearing you have a whole lot more by a large factor. plus if you do any long hill climbing you could overheat the motor. I have done over 8 miles of climbing at one go on our tandem.. plus those bikes are heavy and those fat tires all add a lot of drag. Now this is what I call a steep hill first one is 20% grade the second is 14 going to 16%

IMG_1242.jpg
IMG_0932.jpg

Last edited:
Back