Any CT eBikers ride the Air Line Trail?

Brockrock

Region
USA
The Air Line Trail is a 'rails to trails' park in CT that used to be a railroad that ran between New York and Boston. The train service has since been replaced by Amtrak running a more coastal route, and a portion of the rail bed is now a CT State Park for recreational use. Recently, I had a bit of a scare in the form of being sideswiped by a vehicle's right mirror while road riding (minor injury thankfully), and in order to get back onto the horse - so to speak - I enjoyed a nice 25 mile ride on the Air Line Trail this afternoon. I started in Colchester with the 'Colchester Spur', and once on the actual trail, I went south to East Hampton and then returned. In the past, I did the entire northern portion on my traditional bike, so today's ride was all new to me. Like the northern route, it was mostly woodland areas with some beautiful waterways, beautiful views, and a great alternative to road riding. And, being on and eBike made it even better!

I am over in Middletown and have been planning to do that ride for awhile. Just need to figure out where to park in Colchester.

I was planning on riding the Air Line Trail this season but Covid is keeping me closer to home these days.

For anyone interested, more information is available here:

Back