Any Black Friday ebike sales?

Lenny has some of the best deals this holiday season.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

BH Atom Lynx 27.5 Pro for $1980.

Brose motor rated at 90Nm torque (its a very nice motor)
600whr battery (stealthy long-range battery)
FOX suspension (awesome!)
KS dropper post - nice
Shimano SLX 203/180 hydraulic brakes.

View attachment 41367

Congrats Ravi... just saw this blog ;)

Motostrano is having a liquidation ebike sale. Some pretty nice prices

Say it ain't so... one of my favorite local shops is closing when the revolution is just starting to take off. :confused:

1573631349901.png

Ya I'm not getting the closing. Redwood City is just adjacent to Oakland across the bay from SF. Like bicycle mecca. Why would they be closing? Makes zero sense.
Seems like poor money management, or owners retiring. In either case, surely there would be a buyer? Mature community, strong economy, a bazillion people to sell and service bikes for.

Local dealers are all complaining about direct import sellers - no service, just ship bikes out UPS, like a kitchen appliance.

^^Like that Linx MTB - I think I saw one of those locally, but I thought it had a yamaha drive. Maybe it was a different brand - I can't keep up with all the players.

There must be a dozen or more start-up bike companies here - designing and building their own brand, testing, and setting up China factory production. A few try to go with domestic build - it's costly.

We visited The Cyclist Bike Shop in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach last weekend - huge bike store - one little corner with ebikes, a variety of hodge-podge, then a whole row of new 'American Flyer' ebikes with bafang hubs and balloon tires, beach-cruiser style. The owner is an eccentric guy, they've been there for a bazillion years, and he has developed their own brand of bikes, made in China, delivered to the store. Nice looking bikes, not really my style, but surely they've tested their market. All of his adult-children are helping run the place - obviously a huge local clientele, based on the number of repair bays and new pedal bikes for sale. Nice, friendly, helpful, ready to serve.

Last edited:
Local dealers are all complaining about direct import sellers - no service, just ship bikes out UPS, like a kitchen appliance.

it seems the complaints from buyers support their fears and frustrations. Apparently we’re just buying bicycles, something anyone can sort and repair. How hard can it be? We want our customers in our unrelated jobs to rely on our service and good will, but turn around and stiff local shops to save a few hundred bucks. Forums have hundreds of posts everyday with someone trying to sort replacements or repairs for cheap clones and low end components.
“Merkins” and bicycles are toys, not transportation.

$1000 off at Vanmoof bikes

15% off at Mod bikes

$200 off at Juiced bikes

$200 off at Rad power bikes, they also have a coupon for another $100 off for returning customers.

Amego bikes has storewide sale

$1000 off at Vanmoof bikes

15% off at Mod bikes

$200 off at Juiced bikes

$200 off at Rad power bikes, they also have a coupon for another $100 off for returning customers.

Amego bikes has storewide sale
Great deals on ebikes for those willing to be their own support. I’d not hesitate having lots of experience. But for those unwilling to be their own support they might be a nightmare. If you’re not willing to learn and use forums for support you’ll be thread starters complaining about a lack of support.

Have an Allant 9.9 S ready for delivery. LBS said, wait until Friday, Trek has Black Friday Sale on all bikes including e-bikes. Saved $400 on the Allant.

Last edited:
From the Electrek sister site... 9 to 5 Toys ;)

If you’ve been waiting to find a deal on a new electric bicycle, scooter, or skateboard, then now’s the time. The lead up to Black Friday has seen some huge deals, and they are only getting better as we approach the big day. Below is a complete list of all of the e-bike, e-scooter, and e-skateboard deals we’ve found this Black Friday, with many already active. Keep checking back as we update the list with even more deals!

Repeating the same lie 50x won't make it true my friend. The overwhelming majority of people won't have a significant problem of any kind. Those that do get them fixed sooner rather than later because bicycles are not very complicated.
The bike part is not a problem except maybe hydraulic brakes. The electric part is a diagnostician nightmare. On a factory build bike, with the controller hidden & the dodgy connectors buried in the frame or under covers, an electric fault might be unrepairable without cutting & welding. No diagnostic computers either for all these myriad of controllers displays & systems. New displays might not work; the controller might have undergone a software update. Faulty connectors don't even have names, much less part numbers. You can't buy connectors or pins from newark or modernbike. You have to go an alibaba and look at a million pictures to see if you can find something matching. Then buy 100000 or if you're lucky only 10000. Aliexp won't even show you anything unless you sign up and give them your birth date. NONE OF THEIR **** BUSINESS. Birthdate is a security code; heard a bank teller ask a customer for birth date last Monday.
I dodged the whole issue with a power wheel kit external controller (under seat) and wiring, no display. Problem? I just throw something away and buy another one for $35 to $300. Or a whole kit for $400 to ensure everything matches, and I have 30 days to get my money back if it doesn't. My battery-controller connector comes from the corner auto supply, nothing patented or sole sourced.

Last edited:
it seems the complaints from buyers support their fears and frustrations. Apparently we’re just buying bicycles, something anyone can sort and repair. How hard can it be? We want our customers in our unrelated jobs to rely on our service and good will, but turn around and stiff local shops to save a few hundred bucks. Forums have hundreds of posts everyday with someone trying to sort replacements or repairs for cheap clones and low end components.
“Merkins” and bicycles are toys, not transportation.
So sad and so true. People who only seek out lowest cost but understand nothing about value are ruining the retail economy and putting their neighbors out of business. Of course with their jobs evaporating and all the profits going to the 1% what else can they do?

I bought a Biktrix Ultra powered bike because I wanted a fat tire bike with power. I rode a Felt that was $2500 dollars more and it was very under powered. I'm going on three years and nothing has been that difficult to remedy. I think that aspect is somewhat exaggerated . But , I do take good care of it. Changed the chain and cassette at 1000 miles and not much else , except for modifications. Buy what suits you.

I bought a Biktrix Ultra powered bike because I wanted a fat tire bike with power. I rode a Felt that was $2500 dollars more and it was very under powered. I'm going on three years and nothing has been that difficult to remedy. I think that aspect is somewhat exaggerated . But , I do take good care of it. Changed the chain and cassette at 1000 miles and not much else , except for modifications. Buy what suits you.
quite a powerhouse and with great support. An exceptional reseller too.

Hey guys! I hope you've all survived the 2019 Black Friday! Thanks for sharing tips on good deals and your passion/enthusiasm for specific companies and hardware. I just wanted to take a moment to say that I appreciate all of you and know that the holidays can be stressful with money, family, and sometimes loneliness (I feel that way sometimes because I travel so much). I want to wish each of you a happy holiday season, and hope that if you purchase a bike, you make some new friends, spend some time outside, and just have an awesome time.

Thank you @FreeWheelie, @BTfl, @FlatSix911, @Browneye, @Thomas Jaszewski, @MechaNut, @Grump010, @Ravi Kempaiah, @SabrinaBlix, @Rob NJ, @emtbdude, @alfred, @EUNORAU-EBIKE, @BillH, @indianajo, @Alaskan, @TForan, and @H.Franco

Back