Another happy 700 series customer

Lemond

After spending about a month going from 0 to 100 in terms of e-bike research and knowledge, and test riding several different brands and types, I decided on the 700 series. I think I got the last of the first batch before the Coronavirus shutdown. Everything was well-packaged, undamaged, and the wheels were both true. Assembly was easy (with the help of the youtube vids). A couple of quick e-mail questions were quickly answered by Ride1up support. Spent a little while dialing in the handlebar angle, brake levers, etc., and I am good to go.

Today was the first commute to work, and everything worked perfectly. I am pleasantly surprised at how smooth this controller engages the motor; much smoother than the Magnum (also a cadence sensor bike) that I test rode.

The XR frame is a perfect size for me; I am 5'8"; I had heard that it was a "big" frame, but it is quite comfortable for me. Might be getting an ST for my wife.....

After spending about a month going from 0 to 100 in terms of e-bike research and knowledge, and test riding several different brands and types, I decided on the 700 series. I think I got the last of the first batch before the Coronavirus shutdown. Everything was well-packaged, undamaged, and the wheels were both true. Assembly was easy (with the help of the youtube vids). A couple of quick e-mail questions were quickly answered by Ride1up support. Spent a little while dialing in the handlebar angle, brake levers, etc., and I am good to go.

Today was the first commute to work, and everything worked perfectly. I am pleasantly surprised at how smooth this controller engages the motor; much smoother than the Magnum (also a cadence sensor bike) that I test rode.

The XR frame is a perfect size for me; I am 5'8"; I had heard that it was a "big" frame, but it is quite comfortable for me. Might be getting an ST for my wife.....

Welcome to the Ride1Up owners club Lemond. The bikes really are well made and your wife will like being able to ride and keep up with you, or maybe its the other way around:)

Any thoughts on the XR frame for a 5'6" or 5'7" guy? I love the XR for looks and probably for frame stiffness but I really don't want it to be too big. I ordered an ST but I can still change it, so if you have any thoughts please let me know! Thanks in advance

I am actually about a little over 5' 7". Normally proportioned (30" inseam"). I was 5'8" before I herniated a disk. I have absolutely no problem with the frame size of the XR.

Back