ANCHEER Folding Bike stops working periodically

Magie

I've been riding my ANCHEER folding electric bike to work for over a year and it's been working great. However, the past month, at time it stops working when going up slight hills. If I let it rest awhile, it will start backup. However, I live in rainy Oregon and need to get to work on time, so I have to get the problem fixed. My warranty has expired. I've tried communicating with ANCHEER, but am not getting any helpful information. I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the battery, and if so, if that may be the solution. Or does someone have another suggestion???

Also, are you certain that battery is the problem?

I'm asking because I had a similar problem, my bike was not working one day and sometimes if just decides to work all the sudden.
Turned out, it was a dirty cadence sensor.
We have no idea what the problem could be, so I really appreciate your input. Where is the cadence sensor, how do I check it and clean it? (You can tell my ignorance and need for help!)

We have no idea what the problem could be, so I really appreciate your input. Where is the cadence sensor, how do I check it and clean it? (You can tell my ignorance and need for help!)
My bike doesn't have moving pedals.

Now that you must become an eBike mechanic, you'll need to get a multimeter and actually take some battery voltage readings. That will confirm that the charger is working and what level the battery is at. The controller is also a possible failure point as it can overheat. No pedals? Then you are asking about a 12" scooter?

Last edited:
Now that you must become an eBike mechanic, you'll need to get a multimeter and actually take some battery voltage readings. That will confirm that the charger is working and what level the battery is at. The controller is also a possible failure point as it can overheat. No pedals? Then you are asking about a 12" scooter?
Yes, 12" scooter. I should have specified that, but I assumed it was the only folding eBike from ANCHEER.

I have the Ancheer mountain bike. The motor started conking out. I noticed that jiggling the wires going into the controller box would often solve the problem for a while. I ended up taking the controller case apart and discovered a loose connector. It was a quick and easy fix.

Back