An intermittent vibration from my crank area—???

Nabrxx

I’ve got a Raleigh Lore since July 18. I’ve got 4300 commuting miles on the bike. Lately, I’ve been feeling a vibration that feels like my rear wheel is rubbing the frame (but it is not)—it seems to come from the front sprocket area—anyone deal with something like this before?

The bolts that hold the motor in place might be loose. Or it might something inside the motor case.
It would be good to schedule a full tune-up.

Hmm... I’ve been doing my own repairs for over a decade—-the Raleigh is as near a regular bike as I could find. I’ve changed the brake pads and kept the chain spotless... bringing it into the shop reeks of failure (plus I can’t ride it). I did take advice from my local bike shop regarding ‘stans’ leak sealer. They sell ebikes—(not where I bought it) I’ll see what they say.

Anyone else have this problem specifically and found a fix?

Hmm... I’ve been doing my own repairs for over a decade—-the Raleigh is as near a regular bike as I could find. I’ve changed the brake pads and kept the chain spotless... bringing it into the shop reeks of failure (plus I can’t ride it). I did take advice from my local bike shop regarding ‘stans’ leak sealer. They sell ebikes—(not where I bought it) I’ll see what they say.

Anyone else have this problem specifically and found a fix?

A friend of mine had a similar problem. Take a look.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/vibration-at-16-mph.1960/

Front sprocket looked fine, I replaced the chain, vibration comes when in turbo pedaling hard, coasting, then pedaling again. I rotated my pedals after the chain was off, I don't think it's a bearing issue--very smooth in both directions. I'll keep at it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back