An Electric car (70kwh) has ~ 140 Ebike batteries (500wh)

Ebiker01

WOW....

The vets on this site know this very well, they know the terminology, etc; we have many new members and for them mostly , please take some time to realize the HUGE benefit you just did to yourself and everyone else !!!

So, WHY charge a 3ton vehicle with 70KWH ( 8$ worth) of positive ions when you can use an ebike and charge it (500wh) for 0.07Cents ??

1kwh=1000wh

Avg. EV car =70kwh battery

Avg. range = 230miles

Avg. Ebike =500wh battery

Avg. range = 30miles

Most people travel daily less then 15miles.

Here's a new Bianchi ebike that costs about 20X LESS then an EV car.

Note: i know that , unfortunetly , there will be some retard sooner or later pointing out that a EV car does not literally have an ebike battery 😉.

Anyway, i don't mind , as long as you buy a 2nd or a 3rd ebike !

It's generalized my example , as in the amount of kwh/wh.

The more I think about it , the more it sounds like an electric car is just a HUGE , HUGE waste of lithium / nickel and a lot of other resources. I do know that a lot of these batteries can be and are recycled nowadays , but the rest of the car will be totaled.

Waaa! Muricans are free and independent gotta have our big 4-5 K # land arks to go 5 blocks to buy our chips and diet coke. Back in the " western Flyer" days, there were hardly any chubby kids and they had fun on bikes too_Our thinking really needs a reset I would love to live in a situation where a cargo bike would satisfy most of my transport needs, the problem now is the problem of Wal -Mart getting rid of Mom and Pop grocery stores and the 'five and dime" small operations, cost of supplying the outlying stores with reasonable priced merchandise, the fact is People do" vote with their wallets" even to the point of buying ever pricey inferior products. We break up good "Monopolies" while subsidizing the aggressive huge merchandisers.
I do not mind paying a bit more for the good stuff and helping an honest business thrive, some new things look interesting( looking at you 'Arcimoto" and the other responsible producing companies, bring the EbIKES ON!.

Why get an electric car anyhow. At 70kw it would cost £40 to charge. Gas/petrol is cheaper to run

Why get an electric car anyhow. At 70kw it would cost £40 to charge. Gas/petrol is cheaper to run
Electricity must be outrageously expensive where you live, and gas incredibly cheap :)

But even so, the pleasure and value of an electric car goes way beyond the cost of energy.
  1. Way more fun to drive with instant and way bigger torque at any speed.
  2. Way more comfortable to drive with no gears and one pedal driving
  3. Way cheaper to maintain.
  4. Silent
  5. No Smell....
  6. No stopping to gas station, it is full every morning.
I would never go back :)

Petrol is about 8$/gallon in UK vs 4$ in the US🇺🇸👍😉 .

What kind of math did u do ?? A reg. tank for 300 miles range in an ICE car is 12-15gallons= 96$-120$😢😢.

A tank of ions for a 300miles range in a competitive EV is about 40$ 😃😂😃. 1kw@ 0.57cents @public charging in Uk.

But if u were in Us , 1 gallon ~ 4.20$ , 1kw @home ~ 0.12cents, public charging 0.30-0.50cents/kw.

BUT if u live in the UK , u get 0.45$/mile to commute on an ebike !!! We in the Us don't get that type of a deal....

Attachments

• 856D5659-D06F-4576-A69E-7B26C149CA70.png
    856D5659-D06F-4576-A69E-7B26C149CA70.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 6684BAA3-81EB-4182-9497-93528B7AFA46.png
    6684BAA3-81EB-4182-9497-93528B7AFA46.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 26C85B9A-6E8E-4A95-9EF3-93AA39B7FBEB.png
    26C85B9A-6E8E-4A95-9EF3-93AA39B7FBEB.png
    330.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Electricity must be outrageously expensive where you live, and gas incredibly cheap :)

But even so, the pleasure and value of an electric car goes way beyond the cost of energy.
  1. Way more fun to drive with instant and way bigger torque at any speed.
  2. Way more comfortable to drive with no gears and one pedal driving
  3. Way cheaper to maintain.
  4. Silent
  5. No Smell....
  6. No stopping to gas station, it is full every morning.
I would never go back :)
I sure dont miss the gas stations and I love the feature of firing up my AC from my phone not worried about gas fumes or burning fuel. Also, if I am listening to a good song or ballgame as I pull into my garage-I keep the car on and the AC blowing ice cold while I finish listening. If I did that with any of my ICE cars, the garage and the house would smell like exhaust...

I sure dont miss the gas stations and I love the feature of firing up my AC from my phone not worried about gas fumes or burning fuel. Also, if I am listening to a good song or ballgame as I pull into my garage-I keep the car on and the AC blowing ice cold while I finish listening. If I did that with any of my ICE cars, the garage and the house would smell like exhaust...
I really like the new Hyunday Ioniq 5. An equal for Tesla Y/3 models, until FSD gets really good.

Petrol is about 8$/gallon in UK vs 4$ in the US🇺🇸👍😉 .

What kind of math did u do ?? A reg. tank for 300 miles range in an ICE car is 12-15gallons= 96$-120$😢😢.

A tank of ions for a 300miles range in a competitive EV is about 40$ 😃😂😃. 1kw@ 0.57cents @public charging in Uk.

But if u were in Us , 1 gallon ~ 4.20$ , 1kw @home ~ 0.12cents, public charging 0.30-0.50cents/kw.

BUT if u live in the UK , u get 0.45$/mile to commute on an ebike !!! We in the Us don't get that type of a deal....

For fast charge at a shell power station it’s 56 pence a KW plus 20+ minutes of your time.
Yes you can charge at home atm it’s about 30 pence a KW (UK). not including the price of the charger to charge it as a standard plug socket only maxs out at about 3kw an hour.
I am all for electric, but to state it’s much cheaper than gas is a misdemeanour by the time Electric cars are fully up and running it will be even more expensive

My "CO-OP" has jacked my bill up around $40 a month it seems,I guess they have to pay for all the solar they are building and the new high speed internet they are running, they keep this charade up 7 kw of PV will seem more approachable( probably would have already done this if Wifey had been onboard- She thinks I am the stupidest "MoJo' She has ever seen) Might look into an Iron-Edison system, need to get a refund on my "vaporware CT'.

VW did a very detailed study that showed an EV actually produced MORE CO2 than a comparable ICE car up until the 60,000 mile mark. That's because an EV battery consumes a tremendous amount of resources in manufacturing. After the 60,000 mile mark, an EV produces less CO2 than an ICE depending on what the distant power plant uses for fuel. Oil or coal, a bit less; nuke or hydro, zero. Wind or solar, in between the two.

And in any event, it costs far less to recharge an EV than it does to buy gasoline for the tank, per mile.

As for me, I will not plug in a car at night. That is a step backwards.

but you’ll take it to a special building to get it fueled up, where you have to sit and wait for it?

i don’t get the people who think plugging in an EV (bike, scooter, car) is somehow inconvenient, unless you’re on a long trip or literally driving it 24/7.

VW did a very detailed study that showed an EV actually produced MORE CO2 than a comparable ICE car up until the 60,000 mile mark. That's because an EV battery consumes a tremendous amount of resources in manufacturing. After the 60,000 mile mark, an EV produces less CO2 than an ICE depending on what the distant power plant uses for fuel. Oil or coal, a bit less; nuke or hydro, zero. Wind or solar, in between the two.

And in any event, it costs far less to recharge an EV than it does to buy gasoline for the tank, per mile.

I usually only plug my car in a couple of nights a week. Is fully charged the next morning. Sure don't miss gas stations and oil changes and engine tune ups etc...

Back