An Ebike for My Better Half?

leehop71

Region
USA
City
Cape Coral
First, let me say my wife is 4’11” and about 95 pounds.

We are recently retired and live in SW Florida. Almost half the year is very hot and humid.

She would only be a casual rider only riding in the cooler months, probably in the evening as we would ride together.

It would have to be a step thru as well, and something I could ride in the summer switching back and forth with my Ebike!

Any suggestions on what to get her?

Not sure of budget, but maybe rad ebikers has one her size. Plus every 600th purchase gets the bike for free. Just a gamble if you're the 600th or not.

There is a dedicated Step thru thread you may be interested in reviewing.

Is she a bicycle enthusiast? I ask this because I purchased a ebike for my wife as a surprise and the surprise got me! My wife said NOPE! If your wife shows a genuine interest in a ebike I "think" a Lectric XP accommodates riders down to her size, but you'll have to flip the handlebar tube around. I know the old RadMini ST goes pretty small as well, and I just flipped the stem around. Then, if the purchase is just for fun, you have the JackRabbit ebike, Emove Roadrunner, Fido and Razor Rambler. My wife doesn't mind riding as a passenger on the back of my Lectric XP 3.0. I might get a Xpedition soon because when I pedal I kick her in the knees right now!

If she wants her own ebike I'm truly jealous.

Is she a bicycle enthusiast? I ask this because I purchased a ebike for my wife as a surprise and the surprise got me! My wife said NOPE! If your wife shows a genuine interest in a ebike I "think" a Lectric XP accommodates riders down to her size, but you'll have to flip the handlebar tube around. I know the old RadMini ST goes pretty small as well, and I just flipped the stem around. Then, if the purchase is just for fun, you have the JackRabbit ebike, Emove Roadrunner, Fido and Razor Rambler. My wife doesn't mind riding as a passenger on the back of my Lectric XP 3.0. I might get a Xpedition soon because when I pedal I kick her in the knees right now!

If she wants her own ebike I'm truly jealous.
Thanks Scooter, she is definitely willing to learn how to ride with me during the cooler season.

I will check out the different brands you have mentioned and I HAVE been looking hard at the Lectric!😉

She retired at the end of April, and we have spent more time together in last almost 4 months and I’m loving every minute of it and so is she!

She abhors the heat/humidity and gets her exercise via a couple of her aerobics tapes so the riding for her would be seasonal and leisurely, but probably 3 or 4 evenings a week in the season!

The lectric is a great starter ebike. A bit heavy if you have to lift it, but doesn't feel that way when riding. Had 2. One of them has been passed around as a starter for the new riders in the group.

Last edited:
Based on your description and requirements, it sounds like you're looking for an e-bike that would be suitable for your wife, who is a casual rider and needs a bike that's comfortable for someone of her stature and suitable for riding in a warm, humid climate.
Here are my suggestion do have a look:

Zen Photon: On sale for $2,999, down from $3,799. Features a 1040 Wh battery, 500W motor with 120Nm torque, up to 85 miles range, and 28 mph top speed. Available in Carbon Grey and Starlight White.

Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra Eagle 2: Priced at CA$ 6,599. It has a 1000W motor, 1200Wh battery. A good choice for rides.

Elby S2 9-Speed: Costs $4,499 USD. Offers a 500W motor, 48v battery. It has a step-through design and advanced features like Bluetooth control and rapid charging.

Each bike has its strengths, and the best choice depends on your preferences for range, power, and budget.

Back