Amazing deals at Yamaha currently

Curiously low prices. I don't see how they're making any money on these - especially considering the extra battery. These have nice parts on them too. I'm super temped to order one, but I have this sinking feeling there's a reason for the fire sale. Are the batteries suspect? I noticed you can't send these to NY.
We were skeptical too... so far so good!

Now I feel like an idiot for buying a Rize RX for $2899...Oh well, at least I got the bafang ultra motor on it. It's a beast

It looks like the Yamaha drive units have been updated thus the clearance sale of old bikes. The new Wabash has a PW-S2 drive (instead of PW-ST) which is over a pound lighter, smaller, 75nm instead of 70nm, and has ISIS axle instead of square taper.

It looks like the Yamaha drive units have been updated thus the clearance sale of old bikes. The new Wabash has a PW-S2 drive (instead of PW-ST) which is over a pound lighter, smaller, 75nm instead of 70nm, and has ISIS axle instead of square taper.
Wish they'd run this amazing deal in UK but nothing going. Much smaller sales here I think. Drawback of Yamaha only using existing motorbike dealers is they are not going to get footfall wandering in to check out ebikes in general, as opposed to somebody wandering into a normal bike shop with Trek, Specialized Brompton etc. You'd have to know about that Yamaha make e bikes already. And I agree about your theory, that Wabash with the PW -S2 drive is a sweet upgrade - Like all bike brands they are probably overstocked on older models since Covid and need to get rid to introduce the new models. I do like the dark grey colour of the new Wabash better. Plus approx 46lbs rather than 48lbs and with more grunt.

Anyway if I'm driving near the dealer I might pop in and see if they have any in stock and see if I get any sense that they know e bikes or even give a s*it about them!

I contemplated buying a Wabash which is in stock locally, mainly because it has walk assist, which BH in its wisdom had disabled on my Gravel X. The Gravel X has PW-SE which looks to be the same as the PW-ST on the discounted Wabash excepting the auto assist mode and a functioning walk assist. Unfortunately the Wabash weighs several pounds more than my BH bike which to me is a big negative. I've searched the internet trying to find a way to activate my walk assist but only came up with a couple suggestions that didn't work. I still might stop by the dealership to check out a Wabash but pretty certain I won't purchase even though the discounted price is right.

This staircase connecting segments of a MUP is only one of the reasons that I want functioning walk assist, to the point that I often ride a TSDZ2 mid drive conversion bike instead of the BH, even though I really like my gravel bike. I used to just carry my bikes up and down or use the wheel gutters but with a knee that is nearing replacement I can't do that anymore.

Upper portion
1728052011713.png

Lower portion
1728053173295.png

Last edited:
My older Haibike with yamaha drive also has the walk assist disabled.. Very disappointing. Why did they do that?

My older Haibike with yamaha drive also has the walk assist disabled.. Very disappointing. Why did they do that?
Don't know, just guessing that they felt it might have presented a legal liability if someone unintentionally activated assist resulting in property damage or injury to themselves or others. Very disappointing indeed. People have hacked the battery to controller communication data allowing third party batteries to be used on a Yamaha so maybe some genius can figure out firmware programming in order to activate walk assist.

Only riding both seperated by over a year.
My Haibike Fat6 with the Yamaha PW has lots of 'mid range' power, all I can say is I was destroyed riding my friends Bosch up a mountain , but the Yam has never pushed me past strenous effort.
I feel I could climb anything in bottom gear, which is actually a higher gear than my friends bike.
I certainly havent gained any particular fitness since the bosch ride.

Only riding both seperated by over a year.
My Haibike Fat6 with the Yamaha PW has lots of 'mid range' power, all I can say is I was destroyed riding my friends Bosch up a mountain , but the Yam has never pushed me past strenous effort.
I feel I could climb anything in bottom gear, which is actually a higher gear than my friends bike.
I certainly havent gained any particular fitness since the bosch ride.
Recent review of the special edition Moro - rates it highly. They love the quiet Yamaha PW-X3 motor and its low cadence power & smooth delivery.

Also the chrome finish of the special edition is stirring some half forgotten Redline/Profile 80s BMX memories- never actually had a Redline or Profile but would have killed for something that cool (My cousin had a rare Profile chrome frame, so much envy) Have to say the guy reviewing the bike while nonchalantly bombing down steep dusty trails in what looks like an mtb wonderland is hair-raising!

Amazing landscape. The opposite of damp green UK/IRL. Outstanding review.

Back