Allant +7 Modifications

nedgrace

Region
USA
Here is a look at the mods and additions that I made to my Allant+7. The pannier bags are from Racktime, the bar end mirror from Hafny, and the Liteone MTB 110mm 90 degree handlebar adjustable stem. The stem has really made my ride much more comfortable, relieving the pressure from my wrists and elbows. Everything was available on Amazon. 😊

Attachments

• BCC45D0B-8559-4BA4-AD45-E81027310FBE.jpeg
    BCC45D0B-8559-4BA4-AD45-E81027310FBE.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 550
  • 853059C0-5CEC-48CB-8474-A95350D7070A.jpeg
    853059C0-5CEC-48CB-8474-A95350D7070A.jpeg
    727.7 KB · Views: 558
  • E24E74FB-F279-4C6F-99C4-438FF77EF498.jpeg
    E24E74FB-F279-4C6F-99C4-438FF77EF498.jpeg
    944.3 KB · Views: 497
  • 879F4368-5633-408D-B5D9-D69E58A5F0D4.jpeg
    879F4368-5633-408D-B5D9-D69E58A5F0D4.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 582
Hi Nedgrace! I purchased an Allant +7S a few weeks ago and purchased the same handlebar adjustable stem after seeing this post. Did you have to lengthen your cables at all? My cables seem to run too short to make the difference I was hoping to achieve. My positioning is a little better, but not nearly the upright angle of yours. Any advice would be appreciated...thanks!

Hi BuddyG! My cables on the Allant+7 were ok, at that angle that shows on my photo. If I want to tilt more, I would have to move my controller device inwards on handlebar as that cable is maxed out now. Brakes cables still have some slack. Overall, my adjustment has made a world of difference for me. Here's a photo of my black and blue arm with pain from wrist to elbow that I experienced before I changed the stem. Also you can see gross knob that developed on elbow.
00A278C5-1B8E-475C-8E5F-BEC5AD62FF49.jpeg
F4CB1AFC-16D7-413A-B76D-69DD0B87A35F.jpeg

Hi Nedgrace! I purchased an Allant +7S a few weeks ago and purchased the same handlebar adjustable stem after seeing this post. Did you have to lengthen your cables at all? My cables seem to run too short to make the difference I was hoping to achieve. My positioning is a little better, but not nearly the upright angle of yours. Any advice would be appreciated...thanks!
Not sure what size your frame is but my wife’s Allant+7 is a small and there was just the right length of cable to get it done for her.

That arm is brutal! Is the elbow just filled with fluid! Dallant, my frame is a large and I've tweaked the shifters and brakes all I can and am still too short. The bike shop said they could lengthen the cables, but I'm rack less at this point and have no way to get it to the shop. He delivered it to me upon purchase, but the niceties ended there. Working on a rack, but my wife is still trying to grasp the amount I spent on the bike and all the other goodies. Baby steps!

That arm is brutal! Is the elbow just filled with fluid! Dallant, my frame is a large and I've tweaked the shifters and brakes all I can and am still too short. The bike shop said they could lengthen the cables, but I'm rack less at this point and have no way to get it to the shop. He delivered it to me upon purchase, but the niceties ended there. Working on a rack, but my wife is still trying to grasp the amount I spent on the bike and all the other goodies. Baby steps!
Best of luck! My Trek guy went as far up with the stem as he could without lengthening the cables and it was just the perfect height for my wife.

Another stem riser option is using a straight extender. I also added MIK’s adapter to the rear rack so that I could mount my Bontrager trunk. And, I swapped the comfort suspension rear post from my Verve+ 3. My dealer just informed me that the 625 Powertube battery I ordered has arrived. I have the 7s and find that I can drain the battery in under 30 miles when joy-riding flat-out in turbo. The 625 was a lower cost and better looking option than the extended battery. Just turned over 1K miles this week - 2 months of smiles.

Attachments

• 8781235E-8036-4CEF-B900-594CB105CE71.jpeg
    8781235E-8036-4CEF-B900-594CB105CE71.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 243
  • EF3CC622-DCF7-4131-ADB3-852E7DE1A8F0.jpeg
    EF3CC622-DCF7-4131-ADB3-852E7DE1A8F0.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 248
Another stem riser option is using a straight extender. I also added MIK’s adapter to the rear rack so that I could mount my Bontrager trunk. And, I swapped the comfort suspension rear post from my Verve+ 3. My dealer just informed me that the 625 Powertube battery I ordered has arrived. I have the 7s and find that I can drain the battery in under 30 miles when joy-riding flat-out in turbo. The 625 was a lower cost and better looking option than the extended battery. Just turned over 1K miles this week - 2 months of smiles.
When did you order your 625?

I have a few somewhat tangential questions concerning possible modifications/additions to an Allant 7+ high-step ebike…I haven’t noticed any photos showing any equipment attached on the topside of the down tube where there are three attachment points for the Range Boost option. Do these attachment points have any utility for attaching other items (locks, frame bags, water bottles) without using Velcro for attachment? Would doing so interfere in any way with removal of the RIB battery inside the downtube as using Velcro surely would? Could something like the Wolftooth B-Rad system be used with these three attachment points to provide ability to attach a water bottle cage without use of Velcro, for example? Or is the spacing of the attachment points different than the two different braze-on bosses for bottle cages on the seat tube and top tube? I’d check it out for myself at a local Trek shop but no Allant 7+’s within hundreds of miles, unfortunately….

I believe they are run-of-the-mill attachment points for water bottle cage, etc. and no, using them with the included screws won’t affect the RIB battery. They’re 2.5” apart on center.

Attachments

• 07764DF5-3771-4C83-85EE-1D2E3523EC5B.jpeg
    07764DF5-3771-4C83-85EE-1D2E3523EC5B.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 200
Thanks Dallant for your quick reply, so kind of you! Your postings about your Allant 7+ experiences have been very helpful and are much appreciated!
If I may, I have two other Allant 7+ related questions:

1) I recall you found that the Stashers “beer cans” large size (20.5” length) frame bag you altered to carry an extra battery would not fit under the top tube and you mounted it above the top tube. I am assuming that the Large size of the Bontrager Adventure Frame Bag (20.0” length) would not fit under the top tube either. But do you think that the Medium size of the Bontrager Adventure Frame Bag (17.8” length) would fit under the top tube?

2) What is the straight-line distance on the Allant 7+ high step between the bottom edge of the top tube at the seat tube and the top edge of the motor housing at the seat tube? I am trying to determine how much room there would be for a folding lock (in holder) if using the medium size frame bag. This distance doesn’t exactly jump off the page at me while looking at Trek’s bike sizing drawing…it’s been several decades since geometry class!

Thanks Dallant for your quick reply, so kind of you! Your postings about your Allant 7+ experiences have been very helpful and are much appreciated!
If I may, I have two other Allant 7+ related questions:

1) I recall you found that the Stashers “beer cans” large size (20.5” length) frame bag you altered to carry an extra battery would not fit under the top tube and you mounted it above the top tube. I am assuming that the Large size of the Bontrager Adventure Frame Bag (20.0” length) would not fit under the top tube either. But do you think that the Medium size of the Bontrager Adventure Frame Bag (17.8” length) would fit under the top tube?

2) What is the straight-line distance on the Allant 7+ high step between the bottom edge of the top tube at the seat tube and the top edge of the motor housing at the seat tube? I am trying to determine how much room there would be for a folding lock (in holder) if using the medium size frame bag. This distance doesn’t exactly jump off the page at me while looking at Trek’s bike sizing drawing…it’s been several decades since geometry class!
1) It might fit in my medium frame but depends on how full and with what. The Allant+7 frame has a very thick front where the top and bottom tubes come together so not sure the front Velcro of the bag is long enough. I was fitting a spare PowerTube in mine which is why it had to go up top.
2) About 12 1/4” on my medium frame.

Last edited:
Thanks Dallant for the reply. I agree that attaching the Bontrager frame bag around the head tube would be problematic. I think the four thinner straps can be removed and repositioned among the several available loops along the top of the bag. I thought maybe if the bag was moved all the way toward the seat tube that maybe the thicker Velcro strap on the side of the bag could fit the seat tube and the four thinner straps and wider Velcro strap along the top around the top tube might be enough to hold the bag in place if it wasn’t too long to fit inside the frame.

I would estimate the said distance with a large frame might have at least one and maybe one and a half more inches than the medium frame, so distance on large frame might be maybe 13.5 inches.
Bag would have in it road necessities like pump, inflator, CO2 cannisters, multitool, inner tube, chain tool, first aid kit, tire patches, etc., so will be some weight there and bag might sag a bit more than the stated 4.75” width.

A Bordo 6500 lock in a holster is probably about 8”. So might have to use something like the B-Rad system to move the lock holster as low as possible using the existing water cage bosses on the seat tube.

Bottom line I guess is if the two items were to fit it would likely have to be on a large frame and even then it would be a very tight fit indeed.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Back