Aftermarket peddle needed

Laurence

Region
Canada
City
Chilliwack
What is your peddle choice for a road e bike? I have Gazelle Ultimate C8 HMB and do not allow much real estate on the peddle.

Yes cliipless I had another bike and put on aftermarket peddles being the same reason I have on this bike. For me to get good support and traction I prefer a larger peddle with metal grips my OEM on this bike are a not cheap but rubber style coated but they are small .

For my local errand bike and folding bike, I use cruiser style/city platform pedals with a wide surface area. They provide good support without damaging your shoes.

For my commuter cargo bike, where I could be riding in rough weather, I use platform pedals with screws for grip. (raceface chesters)
(sometimes I use overshoes in the winter so I can't use cleats)

For casual riding on the trails with my mountain bikes, I use pedals that support the 2-bolt cleat design. The shoes have tread so I can walk easily even with the cleats in place.

For my road bikes, where I'm usually riding on the brake hoods, my preference is pedals with 3-bolt cleat design; most lightweight and the shoes have stiff soles so you don't waste any watts.

Just an FYI, I switched to MTB pedals with the little nubbies because my sandals kept slipping on the pedals.

Odyssey Twisted PC pedals. Indestructible, light weight and come in a variety of colors and prints. They have a nice concave center as well. And if they don't come with reflectors I found them on Stolen Bikes website being sold separately.

Back