Affordable ebikes

Lysle

I am pleased with my Ancheer 20" whitebfolding 7 speed bike which I bought on Ebay for 590.00. I liked it so well I bought 3 more when the price dropped to 499. Counting 2 that I made myself, I have owned 9 ebikes and a 1000 watt Trike.

My most recent purchase is a Goplus 22" Red single speed from Walmart thru Costway at 459.00. I will probably buy more of these too.

I would like to see Court test these two as they are ideal for budget minded students and both perform well.

I purchased X-Treme E-bike XB-300 less than two weeks ago but I must say that I'm really happy with this purchase. It is awesome and a super deal for the money!
https://www.bestadvisor.com/electric-bikes
One of the most important things for me was to be able to ride it using only the battery power, and it works like a charm. You can do electric only, and/or you can pedal w/ the electric assistance - makes u go faster.
Also I have used it on the rain few times without any problems.
Hope this information could be useful for someone.

@Lysle - Ha ha. What will you do with four Ancheers? I was looking at them on amazon for $699, and thought it was a bit high since I didn't know what I was getting. Instead, I converted two Downtube folders. The bare bikes were $300 each. At $499 on ebay for an Ancheer, that's like a no brainer. Oh well, we have fun with these folders. For long rides over 10 miles, we (my wife and me) take bigger bikes though.

@TimMiles0011 - I'm glad you like the XB300. The XB-300 was one bike I looked at in 2015, when I told my wife I would get her an ebike. It was 10% less then, and I wanted a step-thru model. Instead, we went to a ebike shop, and I got her an ebike for $1300. Bigger battery (48V) and bigger motor (500w). Then I wanted an ebike and I was back to looking at that XB-300, but I ended up building one that summer for under $500. I used my old Trek 800 frame , and since then, I've added a front suspension fork to it. I don't ride on throttle only. Always pedal assist. In fact, I rode my Trek today 6 miles w/o power turned on, because it rolls so nice.

All my ebikes are not much money, and I move a couple of batteries around between them. Can't ride more than one at a time, after all, but I might ride two in the same day.

@Lysle - Ha ha. What will you do with four Ancheers?
Being a budget-minded student is a no laughing matter. I wish him all the luck he can get, in his little business venture. As long as the customers realize what they are getting. Goplus has led acid battery, as I recall.

@Lysle - Ha ha. What will you do with four Ancheers? I was looking at them on amazon for $699, and thought it was a bit high since I didn't know what I was getting. Instead, I converted two Downtube folders. The bare bikes were $300 each. At $499 on ebay for an Ancheer, that's like a no brainer. Oh well, we have fun with these folders. For long rides over 10 miles, we (my wife and me) take bigger bikes though.

@TimMiles0011 - I'm glad you like the XB300. The XB-300 was one bike I looked at in 2015, when I told my wife I would get her an ebike. It was 10% less then, and I wanted a step-thru model. Instead, we went to a ebike shop, and I got her an ebike for $1300. Bigger battery (48V) and bigger motor (500w). Then I wanted an ebike and I was back to looking at that XB-300, but I ended up building one that summer for under $500. I used my old Trek 800 frame , and since then, I've added a front suspension fork to it. I don't ride on throttle only. Always pedal assist. In fact, I rode my Trek today 6 miles w/o power turned on, because it rolls so nice.
All my ebikes are not much money, and I move a couple of batteries around between them. Can't ride more than one at a time, after all, but I might ride two in the same day.

I sold two at 599. My son and I use the others. That gets my cost down to 399. I don't think you can buy as good a quality as these that are rated for 330# for any less even if you make your own.

I am pleased with my Ancheer 20" whitebfolding 7 speed bike which I bought on Ebay for 590.00. I liked it so well I bought 3 more when the price dropped to 499. Counting 2 that I made myself, I have owned 9 ebikes and a 1000 watt Trike.

My most recent purchase is a Goplus 22" Red single speed from Walmart thru Costway at 459.00. I will probably buy more of these too.

I would like to see Court test these two as they are ideal for budget minded students and both perform well.

Can you still pedal on the Ancheer without using the motor? Which ebike do you like the best the Ancheer or GoPlus? I would like to purchase a ebike however unsure which one.

I was also looking at the Oyama CX E8D ebike. I'm just not sure between the Ancheer or Oyama

How many miles can you make with your Ancheer ? as price point seems very attractive. I am sure it isn't same quality as a $3000 ebike. But also it is only 10% of a $3000 ebike.

As with most products the lowest priced are rarely the best value. I tend to think the best value eBikes are in the $1,200-$2,400 range with improving power, component groups, and battery capacity increasing as the prices go higher. I would recommend looking at some of the Power in Motion eBikes as they have a powerful robust rear hub motor that is excellent for urban commuting and the bikes are very robust.

How many miles can you make with your Ancheer ? as price point seems very attractive. I am sure it isn't same quality as a $3000 ebike. But also it is only 10% of a $3000 ebike.

Of course it's not the same quality. You'll get everything you pay for. Small generic cell battery (I couldn't even find battery capacity on an eBay listing), low quality components, and since you are buying it from a reseller on eBay, you'll likely have no support or parts. If you are a good bike mechanic with excellent electrical diagnostic skills, and know how to find aftermarket components, you might have some short ride fun for a year or so. But if you don't have these skills, you could be buying a boat anchor.

Of course it's not the same quality. You'll get everything you pay for. Small generic cell battery (I couldn't even find battery capacity on an eBay listing), low quality components, and since you are buying it from a reseller on eBay, you'll likely have no support or parts. If you are a good bike mechanic with excellent electrical diagnostic skills, and know how to find aftermarket components, you might have some short ride fun for a year or so. But if you don't have these skills, you could be buying a boat anchor.
Boat Anchor lol

I don't mean to sound like a pompous fool, but not everyone has unlimited funds to spend on a bike. I doubt that anyone thinks that the quality of a $600 eBike will be the same as a $5,000 bike, but that's like saying that if you can't buy a Mercedes or BMW you're going to get an inferior car. In fact there are plenty of postings here from folks that have purchased expensive bikes who have had lots of issues and little support from the manufacturer or shop they purchased it from. Court seems to try to review reasonably priced bikes, but for the most part the reviews are looking like an ad for high-end Euro bikes. By the way, my daughter and wife drive expensive BMWs and I drive a lowly Kia. They've had plenty of issues with their cars, and repairs are so expensive that they'll have to sell them when the warranty is finished. My Kia, on the other hand, has never needed a single repair.

I don't mean to sound like a pompous fool, but not everyone has unlimited funds to spend on a bike. I doubt that anyone thinks that the quality of a $600 eBike will be the same as a $5,000 bike, but that's like saying that if you can't buy a Mercedes or BMW you're going to get an inferior car. In fact there are plenty of postings here from folks that have purchased expensive bikes who have had lots of issues and little support from the manufacturer or shop they purchased it from. Court seems to try to review reasonably priced bikes, but for the most part the reviews are looking like an ad for high-end Euro bikes. By the way, my daughter and wife drive expensive BMWs and I drive a lowly Kia. They've had plenty of issues with their cars, and repairs are so expensive that they'll have to sell them when the warranty is finished. My Kia, on the other hand, has never needed a single repair.

All those car brands you mentioned have dealer support. A generic Chinese bike sold on eBay by a reseller who is also selling bed sheets has to carry a caution for people buying their first eBike. Sure anyone can buy any bike they can afford. But for the first time buyer, an education about what they are really getting into could be very important to their joy of ownership. A high percentage of new owners think how complicated can a bicycle with a battery be? That is until they have a battery that won't charge, PAS that won't work, or a motor that is noisy. I ride expensive bikes now, but I sure won't pay $5,000. If you buy off season or a demo, a $5,000 bike costs $2,800. I've ridden cheap, and I've ridden discounted expensive bikes, the discounted expensive bikes are a lot more enjoyable!

Solom01-I see your point is dead on regarding high end autos. I have known people with the same issues with their benz & bmers. It was never an issue with affordability, it was the hassles associated with it being back in the shop over and again, then with finding out what a simple tune was costing them. They ultimately decided to dump it and get something more reliable ie: Toyota, Nissan, Subaru etc.

There are some quality built ebikes that will give you good performance that do not cost you over $3000.00 and up. If you are not a hardcore rider, a $1500.00 ebike will last you a decent amount of time and you'll get your $$$s worth IMHO.

Court has reviewed inexpensive Amazon ebikes before on his channel. As I recall he basically concluded that you get what you pay for. I don’t think it’s realistic for him to review these bikes. Many of them are just cheap bulk Alibaba ebikes that anyone can buy in quantity being resold by an American importer. I don’t think that there are enough differences in the <$1k ebike market in the US to warrant reviews. There are plenty of decent options in the $1-2k market and Court regularly features them on his channel.

Last edited:
Back