Affordable bicycle repair stand?

Received the Topeak Tune-Up Stand X today and I'm happy with the purchase. I have a nice Park that I keep in our summer location, and an Amazon special "Bikehand Pro" that I keep at our winter place. Both of these are a bit of a pain to get out and set up and are more than needed for quick adjustments and cleanings. Also either of these take up too much space in our motorhome during our travels. The Topeak breaks down quickly for easy storage and it's perfect for probably 80% of what I need a stand for. It's weight rating is 55-lbs, but since the full weight of the bike is not carried by the stand it should handle even the heaviest of e-bikes. It holds our bikes solidly - just a little more tippy in the direction of the post, but not bad.

What's your long-term review on the tune-up stand X?
Also, where did you buy from?

If you have a wall, post or bench in your garage, this one is about as cheap as it gets for what it does.

View attachment 36908
Looks like that one is unavailable at Amazon, but I like the idea of a wall mounted clamp a lot. I think a pair of those will work to hold my bikes upright in my van ... not to work on them but to hold them securely while travelling.

Looks like that one is unavailable at Amazon, but I like the idea of a wall mounted clamp a lot. I think a pair of those will work to hold my bikes upright in my van ... not to work on them but to hold them securely while travelling.

The rotating head version is still available for a few $$ more:

The rotating head version is still available for a few $$ more:
This wall mount stand has a weight limit of 50lbs. Even with the battery removed, some ebikes will exceed this. I'd suspect this to be more of an issue when rotating the bike.

This wall mount stand has a weight limit of 50lbs. Even with the battery removed, some ebikes will exceed this. I'd suspect this to be more of an issue when rotating the bike.
Yep. And I'll probably have to use a floor mount anyway if I want to use the existing seat base bolts for strength. I do. I don't want them flying loose if I brake hard or get hit. But the wall mounts aren't that sturdy.

Yep. And I'll probably have to use a floor mount anyway if I want to use the existing seat base bolts for strength. I do. I don't want them flying loose if I brake hard or get hit. But the wall mounts aren't that sturdy.

Like so many other things, you get what you pay for.

I also need extra strength so I went with the Park PRS-4W. VERY sturdy but quite pricey:

81JCkwxu-AL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It also works well with the limited floor space in my shop.

Like so many other things, you get what you pay for.

I also need extra strength so I went with the Park PRS-4W. VERY sturdy but quite pricey:

View attachment 55910

It also works well with the limited floor space in my shop.
Great stand, been using one for a couple of years now. Freed up quite a bit of floor space when I retired the old floor stand. Rated for 100lbs. Rock solid with my Vado at any angle. I do like the padded section just behind the clamp. I hang my mech bike there its seat for quick adjustments.

You can save a few $ at https://www.treefortbikes.com/Park-Tool-PRS-4-W-2-Wall-Repair-Stand-100-3D-Micro , free ship and no sales tax.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat and looking for a new stand. The PCS-10 is interesting, but looks like they continue to have issues with the spring clip on the column. Pretty heavy from what I hear also.

Leaning towards the Feedback Pro_Ultralight currently... (same price range as PCS-10)
ffpul3-1.jpg

The 3 leg support looks like it would work better and its made of AL so it will be uber light for trips or storage. The clamping system looks top notch. Its rated for 85lbs which would work for my situation of trying to hang 62. Any Feedback users out there?
This is what I use. I can cradle the cross tube on the arm without clamping, just using a towel or something soft. Also like the 'hit the red button' to release and easy clamping. Comes in a nice bag for transport.

This is what I use. I can cradle the cross tube on the arm without clamping, just using a towel or something soft. Also like the 'hit the red button' to release and easy clamping. Comes in a nice bag for transport.

How heavy is your bicycle that you use with this stand?

I cannot recommend the Feedback Sports stands for heavier bikes. The back clamp is not strong enough to rotate bikes vertically. Horrible design and mechanism. I bought a $99 stand on Amazon that ran circles around a $260 Feedback Sports pro elite (comparison).

Something like this won't break the bank and works fine. The one I purchased had 3 legs but the clamp and tubing looks just like this stand. Mine was rated to 65 pounds but had no problems holding my 75 pound bike.

Last edited:
I cannot recommend the Feedback Sports stands for heavier bikes. The back clamp is not strong enough to rotate bikes vertically. Horrible design and mechanism. I bought a $99 stand on Amazon that ran circles around a $260 Feedback Sports pro elite (comparison).

Something like this won't break the bank and works fine. The one I purchased had 3 legs but the clamp and tubing looks just like this stand. Mine was rated to 65 pounds but had no problems holding my 75 pound bike.

That looks like a clone of my PCS-10 at a really good price.

Typical, $99 USD on Amazon.com and $283 CDN on Amazon.ca . Yes shipping costs are different but even with exchange rates, the Canadian price is more than 1.5 times the US price. Sure glad we spent millions on setting up a trading zone with US and Mexico...

Yes I can do the US postal mailbox game and get it from the US site, but it's a PITA. I also understand tariffs and duties...

Rant off/

@Ron49

I found this one used on craigslist, its described as "new open box" but looks a little slanted/ bent. I am not sure if it is normal. What do you think?

topeak.jpg

There appears to be a knob at the base of the vertical bar. Does it pivot on the base? If so, you could adjust it to any angle you wish. If you put a bike on it as shown, it looks like it would tip. It could be a useful product and if it pivots, it would fold flat for storage.

@Ron49

I found this one used on craigslist, its described as "new open box" but looks a little slanted/ bent. I am not sure if it is normal. What do you think?

View attachment 59048

I'm not sure that's bent - it may just be a visual effect in the photo taken up close by a wide angle lens. The post on the one I have is pretty close to vertical. Ask the Craigslist poster.

The knob doesn't allow for adjustments - it's just a bolt that pins the vertical post to the base in a fixed position.

Back