Advice on 2017 HardNine 6.0

@gyroron I had to buy my wife a few bikes too - basically every time I got one. But, since we now divorced, rather than by her a CrossCurrent S like mine, I bought myself a new Haibike! Glad I won't have to buy her a Stromer!

You have two nice bikes for the money you spent. That 500W/400W sounds perfect for a couple.

Got it today, was able to assemble it without any issues, but I could NOT for the life of me figure out how to get the handlebars mounted !! Last bike I bought was in '96 but I have never had my handlebars off. Turns out there is a hard plastic ring around the top of the stem, and once I figured that out I was ready to ride. Our Tuesday night ride was cut short by some bad storms in the area, but we managed to get in 10 miles and I had fun finding out what a pleasure these things are to ride. I had a few guys try it out and they were surprised at its instant assist - as soon as you start to lean on that pedal, you can feel it start pulling you forward. Time to start trying some trails that were not worth riding on my old rigid Trek 850 !!

20180605_182059.jpg

@DanInStPete - 55cm

@JayVee - thanks for the info. I don't quite understand how the Bikespeed works, nor am I seasoned enough to be aware of my cadence, but hopefully I learn as I go here. It's just nice to know I have extended my capable range dramatically. I was probably good for 20 miles on my Trek, but I can easily double that now (pending a seat swap - these stock seats are just killers).

That’s really interesting. I’ve never thought about the relationship between cadence and range. I don’t know what my cadence is, but years ago when I had a trithlon coach who wanted me at or above 90 I remember I was really surprised at how fast it was. Possibly because I’m 6’4” so maybe it’s harder to spin long legs faster.

@WalkinTarget Sweet, so that’s my bike! Should have it early next week.

Good news for me, the haibike supplier found a Allmtn 9.0 with the right frame size (S) for me, incredible lucky because someone jumped off the purchase, otherwise I could have waited for nearly half a year or longer.
Now I only have to wait till the end of the month and I´ll finally get out on the trails!

@Rakku- So glad to hear it worked out for you. I spent a few days tracking down an elusive Hardseven 6.0 until I finally gave up and moved on to the FullNine 6.0. It cost me an extra $400, but it also gave me the ability to comfortably ride rough trails if I want to. Your saving grace was that small frame size, as the only bikes left are the S or XL frames at this point.

@DanInStPete - I HIGHLY recommend a replacement saddle for you. I have a Serfas RX-921showing up today. With only 10 miles on the stock saddle, I already noticed some discomfort. I've never bought an ergo saddle, but one ride on JR's bike with the same saddle and I am easily convinced it is worth the $$ to invest in one. Also note that you have no place to position a water bottle, so I picked up a Bushwhacker water bottle holder to help in that regard.

@WalkinTarget Yeah no way would I ride that saddle. I have a Selle Respiro Moderate on my Juiced. I’m up to over 200 miles/week on it now and it’s pretty good. But for the FullNine I got a Selle Scientia M3. Looks like a winner but we’ll see.

I also have new Ergon grips and Crank Brothers 5050 pedals ready to go on before I ride it.

@WalkinTarget

Its actually the other way around.

The S Frame is way harder to organize/get then the ones above, because the S frames are produced way less, since they arent that popular/needed.

Everything starting at M would have been avaiable end of july, but the S frames are sold out till further notice, so nobody knows if they even deliver S frames THIS year.

Therefore I got double lucky to get first the S frame, exactly the bike I want and then even at the end of june.

My compromise would have been the Fullseven LT 9.0, nearly the same bike, only with different wheelset and different suspensions.
But it isnt the bike I instantly fell in love with, even if it is 500€ less then the Allmtn 9.0.

@DanInStPete - I rode it to work today ! First time I ever did that. Will be riding it tomorrow as well. So far, I am not sure I invested in the right seat for me - I have 3 rides on the Serfas RX-921 and at about 15 miles I am feeling like I need a break. I have an old Schwinn seat on my Trek 850 and that thing is comfy well past 20 miles, altho I wish it was an inch or two longer. Otherwise, this is just a pleasure to put miles on. It really is a smooth ride when you get those 29s rolling. Going from a 22 year old rigid Trek to this is unbelievable.

I hav a local single track picked out for a future ride but we are so busy here with family things that I can't even get in a ride for at least another week. Heading to the beach tomorrow for a long weekend and we can't take my bike due to my wife's minivan not having a hitch, and the bike is so long that I can't fit it in her minivan unless I remove BOTH tires, and even then it'd be a real stretch. I hate going to the beach, so taking the bike at least gave me something to look forward to.

Oh I’d take the wheels off and take it! I rode mine on the beach already, one reason I wanted those fat balloon tires. Worked very well.

The saddle I bought went back almost immediately. I’m going to stick with a Selle Royal Respiro Mid, same as I have on my Juiced. Has worked out well for 2500 miles or so.

Back