Advanced settings screen

ryukenden73

What do the other settings do?

I’ve been looking for a manual that explains on what will happen if you make changes to advanced settings, but they are incomplete and vague..

I tinkered with the settings and this is what i found out.

Wheel size - 28 ( although we have 26x4 - if you measure the diameter of our wheel, we are at 28 ). Leaving it at this setting, the bike speed will be off by 3mph.. What I found out with my speed testing using the speedo and gps … this needs to be set to 24. Which will be 10%-15% difference with bike speedometer and gps

Speed Limit - 31mph ( default ) - if you want to go slower, then go ahead and drop down your speed. :)

Current Limit - limit the available power in Amps that can be provided by the battery pack - some bafang displays show this setting as Eco, Normal and Sport - my controller has a label saying it is limited to 18A - I felt no performance change on max speed or acceleration on bike when I maxed it to 22A... I currently have it set to 20A

Speed Sensor. - the number of magnets being read to calculate speed - default is 1 - this doesn't apply to our bikes since we do not have a magnet attached to our wheel spokes

Assistant Num - represents the sensitivity on when the motor starts to provide assist - this is calculated from the cadence sensor and the number of magnets to read per crank revolution ( 0-24 ) - default is set to 12,

Set Voltage - what type of battery pack 48v or 36v

Power Set - this is your PAS settings, 0-3, 1-3, 0-5, 1-5, etc. ( once you select your PAS value - it will go to another setup where you can adjust the % power provided per PAS level)

Slow Start - PAS delay in seconds when the motor starts to provide assist - 0 is the lowest

SHD - W-PAS regeneration - ON or OFF ( 0 or 50 ) -- zero and 50% regen

CRU - cruise control - ON or OFF - ( when set to ON, holding down the throttle for 10 secs enables this functionality - no more numb thumbs )

Attachments

• BA636083-C589-4F38-9105-1D1750A89250.jpeg
    BA636083-C589-4F38-9105-1D1750A89250.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 2,652
Last edited:
Thanks for doing that work! If Max could confirm all of that and give more details on all of the rest that would be great.

I've owned the bike for 3 days and was trying to figure out what these settings are. This is a big help. Thanks for doing this work but why isn't a user manual available?

Last edited:
As a complete newbee of 4 days, I want the bike to start at a slower pace when I first startup. I'm reading the manual as it relates to the Key-Disp display. Am I right when I select Power Assist Level 5 rather than the default of 3, then change the ratio of Assist Level 1 from 50% (too fast for me at this point) to 25%. Will that result in the effect that I want? ...a slower start?

When I change the ratio of Power Assist Level 1 to 30%, by default, what does that do to the remaining Power Assist Levels of 2,3,4 and 5? DO they remain unchanged?

Wow... this is complicated stuff for a bike but I love the flexibility to be able to really tweak the settings if I am understanding them.

As a complete newbee of 4 days, I want the bike to start at a slower pace when I first startup. I'm reading the manual as it relates to the Key-Disp display. Am I right when I select Power Assist Level 5 rather than the default of 3, then change the ratio of Assist Level 1 from 50% (too fast for me at this point) to 25%. Will that result in the effect that I want? ...a slower start?

When I change the ratio of Power Assist Level 1 to 30%, by default, what does that do to the remaining Power Assist Levels of 2,3,4 and 5? DO they remain unchanged?

Wow... this is complicated stuff for a bike but I love the flexibility to be able to really tweak the settings if I am understanding them.
25% would be 25% assist from the motor -- and would result in a slow start

if you change 1 to 30% -- 2-5 will still be on the default % -- you can also change them to suit your PAS needs.

i changed mine to 20% intervals -- 20,40, 60, 80 and 100

i changed mine to 20% intervals -- 20,40, 60, 80 and 100
I tried 1st = 20% and 2nd = 50% but changed that to your settings. I find these settings predicable and smooth. Thanks.

Assistant Num - represents the sensitivity of PAS settings - this might be related to the cadence sensor and the number of magnets to read per crank revolution ( 0-24 ) - mine is set to 12, wallke video is 04
Can someone explain this?
- Where is the cadence displayed?
- What is the number of magnets on the X3 Pro and what is their purpose? What's the effect if changed from the default of 12 on my bike also?

Before asking these questions I try finding the answer in the pdf document provided by the Key-Display KD 718 user manual.

Cadence is never displayed.

The sensor is near the left foot crank arm and has 12 magnets. If you change the number, you are telling the controller to read the number of magnets before it gives you assistance.

12 is the default. 1:1

What do the other settings do?

I’ve been looking for a manual that explains on what will happen if you make changes to advanced settings, but they are incomplete and vague..

I tinkered with the settings and this is what i found out.

Wheel size - 28 ( although we have 26x4 - if you measure the diameter of our wheel, we are at 28 )

Speed Limit - 31mph ( default ) - if you want to go slower, then go ahead and drop down your speed. :)

Current Limit - maximum power in watts provided by battery pack charge...which can be calculated P=voltage x amps

Speed Sensor. - the number of sensors being used - default is 1 - you can change this to calibrate your speed by using a gps device and adjusting the # of sensors / magnets to use ( the wallke speedo is faster by 2-3 mph )

Assistant Num - represents the sensitivity of PAS settings - this might be related to the cadence sensor and the number of magnets to read per crank revolution ( 0-24 ) - mine is set to 12, wallke video is 04

Set Voltage - what type of battery pack 48v or 36v

Power Set - this is your PAS settings, 0-3, 1-3, 0-5, 1-5, etc. ( once you select your PAS value - it will go to another setup where you can adjust the % power provided per PAS level)

Slow Start - PAS delay ( when the motor starts to provide assist - 0 is the lowest )

SHD - W-PAS regeneration - ON or OFF ( 0 or 50 ) -- zero and 50% regen

CRU - cruise control - ON or OFF - ( when set to ON, holding down the throttle for 10 secs enables this functionality - no more numb thumbs )
Thanks much for this thread. You should be getting paid by Wallke!

Can someone please explain to me how to get into those Advanced settings? I have a Pace500 Step through, about two years old, that I just updated the controller and display on. On the older display I was able to press the + and - buttons for three seconds to get to the advanced settings. This does not seem to be working for me on the newer color display. Thanks in advance

Pace500 Step through comes with a backlit LCD display- M5. Please make sure your newer color display is compatible with your eBike controller.

how to get into those Advanced settings(M5)?
Hold up and down keys for 5 seconds.

Back