AddMotor M-70 TGE Magnet and PAS Sensor

Lbflesh

Has anyone had to replace their TGE magnet and PAS sensor on their bike. I believe maybe mine has gotten rusted from the salt air and now the connection between the 2 is bad. I've tried sanding a little rust off and cleaning it with alcohol but still doesn't work. The red light on the sensor does light up sometimes and the bike will sometimes jerk like it wants to go, but it doesn't. Would any replacement 12 magnet and PAS sensor work? I don't have the paperwork for this bike so I believe I am unable to get any help or parts from AddMotor. Any help with this issue would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Many of the replacements don't have an indicator LED. The connector pinout is going to be a throw of the dice, even if the connectors match. Rust on the magnets won't matter if your bike uses a separate disk. It's the contacts in the connector that get corroded. Clean those if you can. Check the spacing too, if the disk is separate.

While any replacement can be made to work, unless you have good electrical detective skills, it's best to get an original replacement part.

Many of the replacements don't have an indicator LED. The connector pinout is going to be a throw of the dice, even if the connectors match. Rust on the magnets won't matter if your bike uses a separate disk. It's the contacts in the connector that get corroded. Clean those if you can. Check the spacing too, if the disk is separate.

While any replacement can be made to work, unless you have good electrical detective skills, it's best to get an original replacement part.
Thanks Harry! I noticed that a lot of them don't have that LED light while searching them. I will try to clean the connector and see if that helps. I wish I could get the original replacement parts, but I don't think AddMotor sells them unless you can provide paperwork, which my dad lost :/

Back